Student Transfer Requests
*February 23, 2018 Update* 2018-19 Transfer Process Timeline(PDF)ATTENTION:North Thurston Public Schools Transfer Department is located at the Service Center.6620 Carpenter RD SE. Lacey, WA 98503 in the Student Records Department.Each student in the district is required to attend the school designated for the geographic attendance area in which he or she resides. Find your SchoolA parent or guardian may request that his or her child be allowed to attend another school in the district.Requests must be submitted through Skyward Family Access. Skyward Submission Instructions for ParentsSecondary students who request attendance area transfers are subject to the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association’s eligibility rules.
Transfer Process Quick Facts:
- See the timeline for application process.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to complete a new transfer request each year if their child is attending a school outside their home attendance area school/district.
- In order to ensure ample space for students residing in each school’s service area, the district will establish selective transfer limits or restrictions for some schools.
- New students will not be registered at the requested school until the transfer process is completed and the parent and school have received notification of an approved transfer request.
- 1st through 12th grade 2018-19 Transfer requests will be accepted starting February 26, 2018 at 8:00 am.
- Kindergarten 2018-19 requests will be accepted starting August 01, 2018 at 8:00am.
- Students must be enrolled in their home school before you can submit an Intra-District (within district) request.
- Intra-District ( within district) requests must be entered through Skyward Family Access. If you do not have your access information contact your school.
- Inter-District (out of district) requests can be dropped off at Student Records. Please be sure your home district has signed off prior to submitting it to North Thurston Public Schools for consideration.
- Please do not submit your request to the school as they will not be accepting them.
- Inter- District Transfer applications are available online Transfer Forms or at Student Records 6620 Carpenter Rd SE Lacey, WA 98503, we can also accept most surrounding district forms as well.
Last Modified Yesterday at 2:32 PM