Student Transfer Requests
*January 31, 2017 Update* 2017-18 Transfer Process Timeline (PDF)ATTENTION:North Thurston Public Schools Transfer Department has MOVED!We are now located at 6620 Carpenter RD SE. Lacey, WA 98503 in the Student Records Department.If you would like your student to attend another school in the district besides the one they are assigned by geographical boundary (find your school), you must submit a transfer request through Skyward Family Access.. Skyward Submission Instructions for Parents
Transfer Process Quick Facts:
- See the timeline for application process.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to complete a new transfer request each year if their child is attending a school outside their home attendance area school/district.
- In order to ensure ample space for students residing in each school’s service area, the district will establish selective transfer limits or restrictions for some schools.
- New students will not be registered at the requested school until the transfer process is completed and the parent and school have received notification of an approved transfer request.
- 1st through 12th grade 2017-18 Transfer requests will be accepted starting February 27, 2017 at 8:00 am.
- Kindergarten 2017-18 requests will be accepted starting April 17,2017 at 8:00am.
- Students must be enrolled in their home school before you can submit an Intra-District (within district) request.
- Intra-District ( within district) requests can be entered through Skyward Family Access. If you do not have your access information contact your school.
- Inter-District (out of district) requests can be dropped off at Student Records. Please be sure your home district has signed off prior to submitting it to North Thurston Public Schools for consideration.
- Please do not submit your request to the school as they will not be accepting them.
- Transfer applications are available online Transfer Forms or at Student Records 6620 Carpenter Rd SE Lacey, WA 98503
Last Modified on February 3, 2017