Update 2/17/21: 3rd-5th grade Hybrid Start Dates
Good evening NTPS families,
Following the successful transition of approximately 1,000 preschoolers, and kindergartners to in-person hybrid learning, this week we welcome our 1st and 2nd graders back to school! We are excited to announce our plans to bring back our next group of students who registered for hybrid learning:
- Hybrid in-person instruction for 3rd and 4th graders is planned to begin Wednesday, March 3.
- Hybrid in-person instruction for 5th graders is planned to begin on Wednesday, March 10.
Your child’s school will contact families directly with additional information, teacher assignments, as well as school-specific start and end time schedules.
These dates are subject to change if COVID-19 community transmission rates increase to a point where it is deemed unsafe to start hybrid learning for additional grade levels by Thurston County Public Health. A few reminders to families who registered their 3rd-5th graders for hybrid learning:
- If you have not signed up for transportation reserve your seat here. Bus stops and times can be found using your Smart Tag Parent Portal.
- All students and staff must log a daily wellness check through Skyward before entering any NTPS building. Please keep your student home if they are sick and let the school know if they or someone in your household tests positive for COVID-19.
- The district will continue to offer free meal service for students, regardless of their instructional model, for the rest of the school year. Visit our Food & Nutrition page for updates.
- All students and staff must wear cloth masks when they are in a district school building. See more safe start tips in our video.
On behalf of the superintendent and district, we want to express our continued appreciation for the hard work of our staff and patience of our families as we transition back safely to in-person learning. Thanks to everyone’s hard work to ensure all safety protocols are in place we were able to serve approximately 2,000 students on our campuses last week!
We will continue to communicate with you as our plans progress in the coming weeks to include hybrid start dates for other grade levels as those decisions are made.
Thank you for doing your part to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community.