Return to Headlines
3/10/22: Updated COVID Guidance
Dear NTPS Families:
We have updated COVID guidance from Thurston Country Public Health and Social Services (TCPHSS). The updated guidance is designed to ensure student safety while maximizing opportunities for in-person instruction. TCPHSS is currently updating the School Communication Plan Flowchart. We will post this on our website as soon as it is available.
Masks at School
- Masks will be optional in our schools and school buses starting on March 14. Students, staff, and volunteers may choose to wear masks based on their individual and community health needs. Individual mask choices should be respected. Bullying behavior will not be tolerated.
- Please note that masks will be required in certain school areas, such as in school health and isolation rooms.
Those with symptoms of COVID-19
- Students, children, and staff who have symptoms of COVID-19 are required to stay home, should get tested and/or see a health care provider, and follow the return to work/care/school protocol accordingly.
- Any student, child, or staff member who tests positive for COVID-19 is required to isolate at home following current guidelines from the Department of Health and the CDC.
Maximizing In-person Instruction
- NTPS will continue to provide access to timely diagnostic testing.
- Students and staff who have been exposed at school or who develop new symptoms during the school day can be tested in our school health rooms.
- Students and staff with COVID-19 symptoms should get tested at ESD 113 or their preferred community testing provider. Thank you for helping mitigate risk in our schools by not reporting to school or work while symptomatic.
- Additionally, symptomatic individuals with negative COVID-19 test results may be able to return to school earlier. The Test to Stay Program will now be modified to a 10-day testing protocol for use only in high-risk situations.
Thank you for your continued flexibility and understanding as we navigate the changing requirements together.
NTPS Community Relations