NTPS Athletics Winter Sports Wrap Up (3/15/19)
Our Winter Sports student athletes had an amazing season, from basketball and bowling, to wrestling and gymnastics (and many more)! See how all our teams did in this impressive Winter Wrap Up!
North Thurston High School
- SSC League Tournament Champions
- 2nd place at the District Tournament
- 5th place at WIAA State Tournament
- Juliauna Gosney and Makenzie Brathvod were both First Team All SSC
- Nikki Krams placed 6th on bars, 6th on beam, 7th All-Around and qualified as an All –Around competitor to State.
- Sopia Putaansuu qualified to State for Vault and Bars.
- Adrienne Liebert qualified to the State meet for Beam and Floor.
- NTHS Wrestling finished with 6 State Tournament qualifiers: Kai Burgman, Joey Oliver, Brigg Hood, Jaein Lewis, Luke Howell and Dolly Manlapaz.
- Dolly Manalpaz advanced to the second day and finished in the top 16.
- Kai Burgman finished his stellar wrestling career with a 285 pound 3A State title with a gutsy 2-1 victory in the finals. The victory will solidify Kai as one of North Thurston’s all-time greats. Congratulations Kai!
- Competed well in every game and finished 6th place and kept their play-off hopes alive until their very last game.
- Tim TenKley was named 1st Team All SSC averaging 22 points and 10 rebounds a game.
- The girls finished 3rd place in the SSC with a record of 15-9.
- Made it to the 4th round of the District Playoffs and missed advancing to the Regional round of State by a few points.
- Brooklyn Harn and Rokki Brown both received 1st Team All SCC honors.
- Janae Kalama received SSC Honorable Mention.
- The boys went 8-1 this season and finish 2nd in league.
- The team had three relays and four individuals’ swimmers at the State meet.
- 2018-19 Medley relay beat a long standing school record.
River Ridge High School
- Conference/League finish (League Champions with 9-4 overall record)
- Conference/League finish 8th place – 4 -12 record
- District 12th (Individually Brittany Hubbard finished 3rd at district)
- State Qualifiers – Brittany Hubbard finished 22nd at state
- All-League/All Area (Brittany Hubbard 1st Team All League)
- Conference/League finish 4th in league – 8-3, 10-4 overall
- District finished 6th at District
- State Qualifiers – 5 swimmers qualified for State, no placers: Brock Conway, Aidan Doane, Cameron Erdmann, Thomas Lachiver and Eli Francom.
- All-League: 2nd Team All League: Brock Conway, Thomas Lachiver
- Conference/League finish (10th in league)
- All-League: (1st Team Ashley Devos)
- Conference/League finish (6th in league 5-3)
- District 6th place
- State Qualifiers: Sammie Lile 120 lbs, Josh Lile 126 lbs, Clay Cashman 132 lbs, Kaden Rodriguez 145 lbs, Hunter Prida 152 lbs, Riley Edwards 160 lbs. Sammie Lile placed 8th at 120 lbs.
- All-League/All Area (2nd Team: Sammie Lile, Hunter Prida, Kaden Rodriguez, Honorable Mentions: Josh Lile, Clay Cashman, Kyler Rodriguez, Riley Edwards,)
- Conference/League finish 4th in league
- All-League Cassidy Sroor 2nd Team
- Conference/League finish 4th in league
- All-League (2nd Team Lamar Campbell)
- 3rd consecutive State Championship for 2A Non Tumbling
SSC/SPSL Scholar Athlete Award Nomination
- Boys Basketball: 1st Team: Lamar Campbell, 2nd Team: Derek Carrol, Honorable Mention: Jake Hert, Marquan Cannon
- All Academic: Drew Abbott, Tristan Dizon, Chanz Doughty, Dontae Holder, Tyler No, Braydon Noyes, Isaiah Parker, Richard Thomas, Aiden Zal
- Girls Basketball: 1st Team: Kim Perez, Cassidy Sroor, Honorable Mention: Taylor Woodworth, Maddie Neuzil, Joann Flynn
- All Academic: Maddie Neuzil, Cassidy Sroor, Johanna Zilla, Madelynn Fischer, Makala Hamlin, Elizabeth Helman, Mia Carton, Jayda Cruz, Jennifer Elliot, Lina Fussinger, Alyssa Graham, Arianne Morris, Dainia Sandifer, Malea Moy, Taylor Woodworth, Cassandra Neuzil, Ella Sherin
- Wrestling: 2nd Team: Hunter Prida, Sammie Lile, Kaden Rodriguez, Honorable Mention: Clay Chapman, Josh Lile, Riley Edwards
- All Academic: Michael Davis, Ashley Devos, William Lindauer, Hayden Mayo, Nathaniel Millin, Kaden Rodriguez
- Boys Swimming: 1st Team: Aidan Doane, Thomas Lachiver, Honorable Mention: Jameson Shockely
- All Academic: Aidan Doane, Eli Francom, Kevin Kim, Hunter Nashleans, David Hochstasser, Ryan Fanning, Andrew Carlson, Hansel Morris, Mateo Abadesco
- Girls Bowling: 1st Team: Brittany Hubbard, 2nd Team: Aricia Irineo
- All Academic: Jacie Fabela, Samantha Larson, Celia Noguerol-Puente, Gabriella Rivera, Salani Umu, Raiana Webster
Timberline High School
- Madi Tanneberg—placed 8th on Vault, 1st on Bars, 4th on Beam, 8th on Floor, 3rd All-Around
- Jasmine Shea--placed 7th on Bars, 5th on Beam, 6th on Floor, 5th All-Around
- State Qualifiers –Madi Tanneberg and Jasmine Shea both All-Around Qualifiers
- State Qualifier
- State Qualifier: Natalie Cornwall
- 2-5 league finish
- State Qualifiers: Gabe Duchesneau; Diego Delgado 8th place; Cameron Rosalin; Dan Orfao; Jake Waltermeyer
- Conference/League finish – 6th place
- Kiara Brooks – 1st team All League; Mia Harriott – Honorable Mention
- 9 wins and 3 losses over the season (4 and 2 within the League); 3rd at the League meet and 5th at the District meet.
- State Competition:
- 200 Medley Relay – Jake Smith, Caleb Brooks, Andy Lin, and Caleb Linggi took 19th place
- Andy Lin – 100 Breaststroke 19th and 200 Individual Medley 15th
- 400 Free Relay – Caleb Linggi, Jake Smith, Noah Smith, and Andy Lin took 22nd
- Quinn Fosbre – 19th
- Brayden Ivie – 12th
Conference/League finish: 1st place Co-Champions
6th in Districts
- Hunter Campau-League MVP, WIBCA 3A All-State Selection
- Trevor Joubert-Honorable Mention All-League
- Kayden Lacy- Honorable Mention All-League
- Cole Hicks- Honorable Mention All-League
- Allen Thomas-Coach of the Year