Family & Youth Resource Center (FYR Center)
A place for NTPS families & students in need to find help and other resources. We are located at the Rajinder S. Manhas Activity Center adjacent to North Thurston High School (the old Bally's building). Our address is 200 Sleater Kinney Rd NE Olympia, WA 98506.
What we do
- A place for NTPS families & students in need to find help and other resources
- One-stop destination for services and supplies
- Provide hygiene supplies, laundry supplies, food, school supplies and clothing
- Intakes for McKinney-Vento
- Laundry and opportunities to meet with community service providers
- Serve Foster Care students
- Social – Emotional Learning Instructional Specialists support SE learning across the district
- Community partners include: Community Action Council, Community Youth Service, DSHS, Family Education Support Services, Family Support Center, SeaMar, and CIELO.
School Year Resources
North Thurston Public Schools is committed to serving our district's families. Services are provided only for families with students actively enrolled in North Thurston Public Schools.
The FYR Center will follow the school calendar and is not open during school breaks or in cases of inclement weather-related building closures.
- Drop in times are Tuesdays: 1:00–3:00 pm and Wednesdays: 9:00– 11:00 am (waiting may occur without an appointment)
- Please contact 360-412-4484 or 360-412-4902 to schedule an appointment if you need an alternate time.
- Kids closet is located within the Family & Youth Resource Center at 200 Sleater Kinney Rd NE, Olympia WA 98506
- Food, Housing, Healthcare, Childcare & more: www.nthurston.k12.wa.us/communityresources (Traduce la página al español usando estas instrucciones.)
- Alimentos y otros recursos: Descargue una guía de recursos locales para familias necesitadas >>
Current Donation Needs
Donations accepted Tuesdays from 7:30–9:30 am
Please do not leave donation items outside while the FYR Center is closed. You may call (360) 412-4484 to set up an appointment for an alternate donation time.
We kindly ask you to redirect food donations to our partner, Lacey Food Pantry. We will continue to accept the following items:
- New leggings - girls' & women's all sizes
- New joggers/athletic pants - all sizes (birth to adult XXXL)
- New packages of underwear (girls' sizes small/medium or 4,6, & 8 | boys' sizes large or 10 & 12)
- New packages of socks (boy's all sizes)
- New or gently-used jackets (men's and women's sizes large, x-large, and xx-large)
- New or gently-used children's shoes (sizes 13, 1, 1.5, 2, & 2.5)
- Baby wipes
- Dish soap
- Colored pencils
- 2-inch, 3-ring binders
Thank you for your continued support of NTPS!