Family & Youth Resource Center (FYR Center)
A place for NTPS families & students in need to find help and other resources. We are in the Rajinder S. Manhas Activity Center adjacent to North Thurston High School (the old Bally's building).
What we do
- A place for NTPS families & students in need to find help and other resources
- One-stop destination for services and supplies
- Provide hygiene supplies, laundry supplies, food, school supplies and clothing
- Intakes for McKinney-Vento
- Laundry and opportunities to meet with community service providers
- Community partners include: Community Action Council, Community Youth Service, DSHS, Family Education Support Services, Family Support Center, Health Care Authority, Kaiser Medical, and CIELO. See the schedule of partners at the FYRC >>
- Serve Foster Care students
- Social – Emotional Learning Instructional Specialists support SE learning across the district
- ECEAP Staff are based out of the Center and provide preschool services at the adjacent Family Partnership Center
- Military Support Staff – Support military students and families in the district
FYR Center Resource Distribution
North Thurston Public Schools is committed to serving our district families. Services provided only to families with students actively enrolled in North Thurston Public Schools.
The FYR Center will follow the school calendar and is not open during school breaks or in cases of inclement weather-related building closures.
- Kids Closet available:
- Drop in times: Tuesdays/Wednesdays: 9:00 - 11:00a and Thursdays: 1:00-3:00p
- Please contact 360-412-4484 or 360-412-4902 to schedule an appointment.
- Donations are accepted on Tuesdays from 11 am – 1 pm
Family & Youth Resource Center (200 Sleater Kinney Rd NE Olympia, WA 98506)
Please continue to check our website for updates.
Emergency Food Resources: Download PDF with information on times & locations >> (compiled by Washington SNAP-Ed)
Food & Other Resources: www.nthurston.k12.wa.us/communityresources (Traduce la página al español usando estas instrucciones.)
Alimentos y otros recursos: Descargue una guía de recursos locales para familias necesitadas >>
View info from the 1/7/21 Housing Information & Assistance Panel Discussion >>
- Kids Closet available:
Donations accepted Tuesdays from 11:00a-1:00p
Due to our compassionate and generous community we have an abundance of shelf stable food! We kindly ask to redirect those items to our partner, Lacey Food Pantry.
- 3 in 1 soap
- Bars of Soap
- New packages of socks and underwear - all sizes
- Men and Boys T’s size S, M, & Lg
- New Sport bras- all sizes
- New leggings – all sizes (birth to adult- XXXL)
- New T-shirts and Hoodie Sweatshirts- all sizes (birth to adult XXXL)
- New joggers/ athletic pants- all sizes (birth to adult XXXL)
- New shoes- male and female size 1-14
- Pencil Boxes
- Graphing Paper/Notebooks
- Large Backpacks
- 3-Ring Binders - 2in
- Dry Erase Markers
- #2 Pencils
- Blue/Black/Red Ink Pens
- Post It Notes
- Scissors (Kid/Adult)
- Pencil Sharpeners
- Donations accepted Tuesdays from 11:00a-1:00p
- We are accepting both new and gently used clothing. Please make sure these items are washed and free of stains, holes, or over worn areas.
- We are putting a hold on paper/plastic bags at this time - thank you
- We kindly ask that you do not leave donations outside the door and request the specific donation time be used.
Thank you for your continued support of NTPS!