Family & Youth Resource Center (FYR Center)
A place for NTPS families & students in need to find help and other resources. We are in the Rajinder S. Manhas Activity Center adjacent to North Thurston High School (the old Bally's building). Our address is 200 Sleater Kinney Rd NE Olympia, WA 98506.
What we do
- A place for NTPS families & students in need to find help and other resources
- One-stop destination for services and supplies
- Provide hygiene supplies, laundry supplies, food, school supplies and clothing
- Intakes for McKinney-Vento
- Laundry and opportunities to meet with community service providers
- Community partners include: Community Action Council, Community Youth Service, DSHS, Family Education Support Services, Family Support Center, Health Care Authority, Kaiser Medical, and CIELO. See ourpartner schedule at the FYRC >>
- Serve Foster Care students
- Social – Emotional Learning Instructional Specialists support SE learning across the district
- ECEAP Staff are based out of the Center and provide preschool services at the adjacent Family Partnership Center
- Military Support Staff – Support military students and families in the district
FYR Center Resource Distribution
North Thurston Public Schools is committed to serving our district families. Services provided only to families with students actively enrolled in North Thurston Public Schools.
The FYR Center will follow the school calendar and is not open during school breaks or in cases of inclement weather-related building closures.
- Drop in times: Tuesdays/Wednesdays: 9:00 - 11:00a and Thursdays: 1:00-3:00p
- Please contact 360-412-4484 or 360-412-4902 to schedule an appointment if you need an alternate time.
- Kids closet is located within the Family & Youth Resource Center at 200 Sleater Kinney Rd NE, Olympia WA 98506
- Emergency Food Resources: Download PDF with information on times & locations >> (compiled by Washington SNAP-Ed)
- Food, Housing, Healthcare, Childcare & more: www.nthurston.k12.wa.us/communityresources (Traduce la página al español usando estas instrucciones.)
- Alimentos y otros recursos: Descargue una guía de recursos locales para familias necesitadas >>
- View info from the 1/7/21 Housing Information & Assistance Panel Discussion >>
Current Donation Needs
**Donations accepted Tuesdays from 11:00am - 1:00pm**
- Thanks to the amazing level of community support we have received, our clothing closet is at capacity. Not to say we won’t need your help in the future, but we are putting a temporary hold on all used clothing items and paper/plastic bags.
- Due to our compassionate and generous community, we have an abundance of shelf stable food! We kindly ask to redirect those items to our partner, Lacey Food Pantry.
We will continue to accept the following items:
- New packages of socks & underwear - all sizes
- New Sports bras - all sizes
- New leggings - all sizes (birth to adult XXXL)
- New joggers/athletic pants - all sizes (birth to adult XXXL)
- 3 in 1 soap
- Bars of soap
- Toothbrushes / Toothpaste
- Large backpacks
- Scientific calculators
- Post-it Notes
Thank you for your continued support of NTPS!