Enrollment is OPEN for the 2023-24 school year.
- Summit Virtual Academy is a permanent online school of choice in North Thurston Public Schools.
- All students who enroll at Summit MUST have a reliable adult who supports their progress in the home learning environment.
- Student transfers are accepted on a space-available basis. We keep a waitlist when we are at capacity in any particular grade level or program.
Are you ready to be a Learning Coach?
Every student at Summit Virtual Academy must have a reliable Learning Coach/guardian in the home environment to support them every school day. Learning Coaches/guardians are also required to participate in monthly progress updates in accordance with ALE law.
Summit Virtual Academy is a permanent Alternative Learning Environment. The curriculum is rigorous and requires a full school day of learning online and offline. This learning is teacher supported, and younger students or those students who need more support, will need active help from an in-home Learning Coach.
Grade Level Learning Coach Average Time Commitment K-5 4-6 hours per day actively supervising and supporting online learning 6-12 1-3 hours per day
I'm New to Summit! How to Enroll for 2023-24
Currently enrolled in another NTPS school but want to transfer to Summit? (Grades 1-12)
- Active students in our district must submit an Intra-District Transfer Request. Go to the Student Transfers page for all the details >>
New Kindergarten student who wants to attend Summit?
- Enroll your in-district student directly to Summit during Kindergarten registration >>
- You will complete the online registration, submit required registration documents to Summit, and pick up a Kindergarten welcome bag at Summit.
New student to NTPS and live in-district? (Grades 1-12)
- Step 1: New students register at their resident school (the one you would attend based on address). Complete district registration forms and submit your required registration documents to the resident school. Go to the new student enrollment page and select Elementary or Secondary >>
- Step 2: Contact Student Records to complete a paper Intra-District Transfer Form to request enrollment at Summit.
- This process also applies to students who were previously enrolled in NTPS but withdrew to attend a different school. Inactive students must complete the full registration process to re-enroll in our district.
New student to NTPS from out-of-district? (Grades K-12)
- New students who live out-of-district will be required to complete transfer forms to request enrollment at Summit. Both an OSPI Inter-District Choice Transfer Request form and an NTPS Non-Resident Admissions Application are required each year. Go to the Student Transfers page for all the details >>
*See NTPS Policies 3131, 3131P, 3141, 3141P related to Transfer Students.
I currently attend Summit!
- Current Summit students who live in-district will remain enrolled unless they withdraw and enroll in another school. You're all set!
- Current Summit students who live out-of-district must complete transfer forms each year to stay enrolled at Summit.
- Both an OSPI Inter-District Choice Transfer Request form and an NTPS Non-Resident Admissions Application are required each year for out-of-district students.
Go to the Student Transfers page for all the details >>
Need to Unenroll from Summit?
To unenroll from Summit and return to your neighborhood school, please CALL US at 360-412-4908.
Chromebooks and all accessories must be returned to the SVA Office at 305 College Street NE, Lacey WA 98516 (Mon-Fri 7:30am-3:30pm)
All curricular materials are returned directly to K12/Stride. Once your child is withdrawn, you will receive an email from K12 with instructions to return your materials, a list of what must be returned. A separate email will come from UPS with pre-paid labels to print and return your items.