NTPS Bus Drivers Needed!
NTPS is looking for substitute and regular bus drivers. Driving a school bus is a serious and rewarding profession. Apply today and begin your new adventure!
There are perks
- Free training for CDL Class B with Endorsements
- Being home when the children are off for holidays and school vacations
- Work mornings, afternoons, or all day
- New equipment
- Wonderful Team atmosphere
- Buses have automatic transmissions
- Benefits & great pay
- Up to $1350 Incentive Bonus for all who complete the training program
- $23.10 / Hour for Driver Substitute
- $25.66 / Hour for Transportation Specialist and Relief Drivers (regular driver)
Hours of Work
- Drivers generally work 180 days a year with summers off
- 11 paid Holidays
- Routes run from 5:30am to 9:30am and 1:30pm to 5:30pm on average school days, with Mid-Day runs available
- School days are Monday through Friday
- These are split shifts depending on school pick-up and release times
- Drivers can get additional hours with extra trips (field trips, athletic events, and chartered services)
Requirements for Drivers
- A valid Washington State driver's License, Class B, School Bus, Passenger, and Air Brake endorsement (free training provided)
- 5 years driving or 1 year commercial driving experience
- possess a safe driving record (demonstrated on 5-year driving abstracts)
- passed pre-employment drug test which includes THC
- passed CDL physical
- passed FBI background check
- high school diploma or GED preferred
- at least 21 years of age
- must be vaccinated for COVID-19
- experience working with culturally diverse populations
- complete a North Thurston Public Schools job application
Interested?Complete the online application, and return the additional required employment forms to our Human Resources Department. If you have questions about applying, how to apply online, or the forms you need, please contact NTPS Human Resources Department at 360-412-4540. If you have questions for our Driver Trainers, you can contact them at 360-412-4536.
North Thurston Public Schools has a progressive School Bus Driver training program. Our instructors are certified by both the Department of Licensing and OSPI.
Applicants accepted into the program get up to 8 weeks of intensive training at no cost to the trainee. Applicants are responsible for all their DOL permits and license fees as well as fingerprinting costs. At the conclusion training, drivers will be ready to test for their CDL Class B, School Bus, Passenger and Air Brake Endorsements.
NTPS covers the cost of First Aid Training, DOL Medical Exams, and pre-employment drug testing.