Welcome to Evergreen Forest Elementary!
Welcome to Evergreen Forest Elementary! We opened our doors in 1978 and serve grades K-5 in Lacey, Washington. Our building recently underwent a complete modernization. Learn more about us and how the Bobcats are growing, learning, achieving, dreaming!
What makes Evergreen Forest unique
Evergreen Forest features special programs to enrich the learning environment. Some featured programs include:
- Native Student Education program
- Washington Achievement Award recipient in Overall Excellence
- Washington School Recognition Award — Closing Gaps (2018-19)
- Bronze Level Award — America's Healthiest Schools (2019 & 2020)
- Family Math & Literacy Nights
- Fifth Grade student leadership council
- Monthly Fun Runs
- Monthly awards for Achievement, Citizenship, and Growth Mindset
- PBIS-Positive Behavior Support program
- Military Support Groups
- Family S.T.E.M. Nights
- Watch D.O.G.S.
Academic Gap Goal:
- By June 2023, we will close the Kindergarten through Fifth Grade reading achievement gap for students who qualify for Free and Reduced Lunches and those who do not by decreasing the Low Risk reading gap on the easyCBM by 10% from 27% to 37%.
Behavior Gap Goal:
- By June 2023, we will close the attendance gap between our low income students who are regular attenders and our non-low income regular attenders by 10% in grades 1, 2, and 4.
Download the whole School Improvement Plan >> (PDF) Updated spring 2023
The mission of Evergreen Forest Elementary School is to create a positive learning environment. This environment will be success-oriented, productive, organized, supportive, safe, and designed to meet the individual and diverse needs of our students, staff, and community.
Evergreen Forest's Building History
Evergreen Forest Elementary was built in 1978. The school is located on 10.3 acres at 3025 Marvin Road SE. There have been additions in 1981-82 and upgrades in 2000. The building underwent a modernization adding 11 classroom spaces, relocating the office, and remodeling all other spaces in the building. The modernization was completed in the fall of 2016.