Welcome to Evergreen Forest Elementary!
Welcome to Evergreen Forest Elementary! We opened our doors in 1978 and serve grades K-5 in Lacey, Washington. Our building recently underwent a complete modernization. Learn more about us and how the Bobcats are growing, learning, achieving, dreaming!
What makes Evergreen Forest unique
Evergreen Forest features special programs to enrich the learning environment. Some featured programs include:
- Native Student Education program
- Washington Achievement Award recipient in Overall Excellence
- Washington School Recognition Award — Closing Gaps (2018-19)
- Bronze Level Award — America's Healthiest Schools (2019 & 2020)
- Family Math & Literacy Nights
- Fifth Grade student leadership council
- Monthly Fun Runs
- Monthly awards for Achievement, Citizenship, and Growth Mindset
- PBIS-Positive Behavior Support program
- Military Support Groups
- Family S.T.E.M. Nights
- Watch D.O.G.S.
Academic Gap Goal:
- By June 2022, we will close the achievement gap between students who have an IEP in Reading and those who do not by decreasing the risk rate on the easyCBM by 10% for Phoneme Segmenting, Word or Passage Fluency, or Vocabulary (goal area is dependent upon grade level risk data).
Behavior Gap Goal:
- 50% of our student population has limited or no experience in a school setting. Therefore, focusing on our Tier 1 systems is critical. By June 2022, we will reduce our ODR’s from 1,243 during the 18-19 school year, which is equivalent to 5.63 ODR’s/day to 360 or less during the 21-22 school year, which is equivalent to 2 or less ODR’s/day. (1,180)
Download the whole School Improvement Plan >> (PDF) Updated spring 2022
The mission of Evergreen Forest Elementary School is to create a positive learning environment. This environment will be success-oriented, productive, organized, supportive, safe, and designed to meet the individual and diverse needs of our students, staff, and community.
Evergreen Forest's Building History
Evergreen Forest Elementary was built in 1978. The school is located on 10.3 acres at 3025 Marvin Road SE. There have been additions in 1981-82 and upgrades in 2000. The building underwent a modernization adding 11 classroom spaces, relocating the office, and remodeling all other spaces in the building. The modernization was completed in the fall of 2016.