Information, Support and Resources for Families
Welcome to the Counselor's Office!
Counselor: Heather Sixiengmay(360) firstname.lastname@example.orgSupport Paraeducators: Janice Kennish and Bev NeelyMental Health Specialist: Alina Kohnen (Mondays & Tuesdays)
School Counseling and social/emotional/mental health support during Remote and Hybrid Learning
During remote and hybrid learning Ms. Sixiengmay can provide 1:1 counseling upon student, staff or family member request. If students are receiving support from me while attending school in person social distancing practices will be in place.
Please check out the resource links and information on the left of this page.
Additonal supports available to students:
Coyote Help Hub daily for invited students from 8-8:20. This is a time for students to chat with Mrs. Kennish and Mrs. Neely before the school day starts. This is a virtual check-in when students are not in building. If you would like your child to participate in this please contact me.
Coyote Help Hub open meet link with various hours staffed by Mrs. Kennish and Mrs. Neely. Please see your student's Google Classroom page for specifics.
Small virtual groups with a variety of activities, stories, videos along with connection time with other students. These group are for grades 1-5 and by invitation only. If you would like your child to participate in a small group please contact me.
Contacting Ms. Sixiengmay:
1. Email Ms. Sixiengmay through their Google Email (student email account) or let their teacher know they would like to speak with me.
2. Virtual appointment via Google Meet. This is a pre-scheduled appointment set by Ms. Sixiengmay.
1. Email Ms. Sixiengmay using the following email: email@example.com
2. Virtual appointment via Google Meet. This is a pre-scheduled appointment set by Ms. Sixiengmay
3. Call Ms. Sixiengmay at (360)412-4720
This information is provided to parents and guardians to understand the procedures for individual counseling during remote and hybrid learning:
- The school counselor may offer counseling periodically or for a short period of time. If continual, more in-depth counseling is needed, the school counselor will assist in connecting the family with an outside therapist or psychologist.
- With virtual appointments, there is the possibility of technological glitches. Should this result in service interruptions, please end and restart the session. If we are unable to connect within 10 minutes, the school counselor will email student to reschedule.
- There will be no recording or photos of any of the online sessions by either party.
- The information your child shares will be confidential between the school counselor and student. Exceptions to confidentiality include student grants permission, mandatory reporting of child abuse, or danger to self or others. Regarding the latter, parent/guardian or emergency contact will be contacted immediately.
- The student or parent/ guardian may choose to discontinue counseling at any time.