Information, Support and Resources for Families
Welcome to the Counselor's Office!
Counselor: Heather Sixiengmay(360) email@example.comPBIS Paraeducator: Janice KennishMental Health Specialist: Alina Kohnen (Mondays & Tuesdays)
School Counseling and social/emotional/mental health support during Remote Learning
During remote learning Ms. Sixiengmay can provide 1:1 counseling upon student or family member request.
Please check out the resource links and information on the left of this page.
Additonal supports available to students:
Coyote Help Hub daily for invited students from 8-8:20. This is a time for students to chat with Mrs. Kennish and myself before the school day starts. If you would like your child to participate in this please contact me.
Coyote Help Hub, open link Tuesday-Friday from 12:30-1:15 for any student in 4th and 5th grade (other grades to possibly be added at a later point). Coyote Help Hub in the afternoon offers social/emotional/mental health and school work support. School work support is for answering questions, helping students get through an assignment or a supervised online space to complete work, it is not a teaching/re-teaching of a lesson. Students may access the Coyote Help Hub through a link in their homeroom class or by contacting me via student email accounts.
Small virtual groups with a variety of activities, stories, videos along with connection time with other students. These group are for grades 1-5 and by invitation only. If you would like your child to participate in a small group please contact me.
Contacting Ms. Sixiengmay:
1. Email Ms. Sixiengmay through their Google Email (student email account) or let their teacher know they would like to speack with me.
2. Virtual appointment via Google Meet. This is a pre-scheduled appointment set by Ms. Sixiengmay.
1. Email Ms. Sixiengmay using the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Virtual appointment via Google Meet. This is a pre-scheduled appointment set by Ms. Sixiengmay
3. Call Ms. Sixiengmay at (360)412-4720
This information is provided to parents and guardians to understand the procedures for individual counseling during remote learning:
- The school counselor may offer counseling periodically or for a short period of time. If continual, more in-depth counseling is needed, the school counselor will assist in connecting the family with an outside therapist or psychologist.
- With virtual appointments, there is the possibility of technological glitches. Should this result in service interruptions, please end and restart the session. If we are unable to connect within 10 minutes, the school counselor will email student to reschedule.
- There will be no recording or photos of any of the online sessions by either party.
- The information your child shares will be confidential between the school counselor and student. Exceptions to confidentiality include student grants permission, mandatory reporting of child abuse, or danger to self or others. Regarding the latter, parent/guardian or emergency contact will be contacted immediately.
- The student or parent/ guardian may choose to discontinue counseling at any time.