Welcome to Chambers Prairie Elementary!
Welcome to Chambers Prairie Elementary! We opened in 2009 and serve Kindergarten through 5th grade in Lacey, Washington. See below for more information on our students, our families, our community, and what makes us a great place to learn!
Unique Partnerships & Programs
- Chambers Prairie continues a tradition of student leadership in the 5th grade where older students develop strong leadership skills.
- CPES is a PBIS school that celebrates the amazing work of students each month with our Student of the Month Assseblies.
- We continue to have an active adult/student mentorship program, volunteers welcome!
- CPES/Community garden is a student and staff volunteer maintained garden here on our school property.
- Positive Phone Calls are made weekly for students in every class by school leadership. We want you to know, your kids are amazing!
- Bike Safety is offered by our amazing PE teacher each year here at CPES for those students and families interested.
- Choir at CPES is offered o 4th and 5th graders as a before school offering from our music teacher.
- Buddy reading programs are offered between some older grades and our k-1 grades. This allows older studnets to be a reading buddy for a younger students.
- Battle of the Books at CPES! Every year we encourage students to participate in this event with us.
- We offer digital learning opportunity to include online safety to our students through the Digital Citizenship Program.
Academic Gap Goal:
- Reduce the achievement gap to 10% or less between low-income and non-low-income (determined by free/reduced lunch rates) students on both the English Language Arts Smarter Balanced and the Math Smarter Balanced Assessments in the spring of 2021.
Behavior Gap Goal:
- The Referral risk ratio (SWIS) data will show equitable referral rates for Black/African American Students to that of white students by June 2021.
Mission: Learning every day for everyone to take everywhere.
- Partnerships with families, staff, and community are vital .
- It is important for everyone to feel connected to the school community.
- Student success is fostered by proactive communication.
- Every student has a right to the Quality Learning.
- Students need a sense of efficacy and perseverance.
- Everyone has a right to a physically and emotionally safe learning environment.
Chambers Prairie Elementary was built in 2008-2009 and opened in Fall 2009. The Chambers Family was one of the first in the area, settling here in the late 1840’s. The homesteads of Andrew Jackson, John, and Thomas Chambers covered the area where Chambers Prairie Elementary is now located, on 13.1 acres at 6501 Virginia Street SE in Lacey. The two-building 57,373 square feet facility, currently serves kindergarten through fifth grade. It has 31 instructional spaces, including a double portable. This school was built with 2006 bond funds and state assistance funding.