Welcome to Chambers Prairie Elementary!
Welcome to Chambers Prairie Elementary! We opened in 2009 and serve Kindergarten through 5th grade in Lacey, Washington. See below for more information on our students, our families, our community, and what makes us a great place to learn!
Unique Partnerships & Programs
- Chambers Prairie continues a tradition of student leadership in the 5th grade where older students develop strong leadership skills.
- Our Social Skills program replaces the traditional 30-minute lunch recess and is intended to support students in problem-solving, sportsmanship, and anti-bullying.
- As a school, Chambers Prairie is strengthening relationships with students through positive behavior supports. Each month, students are acknowledged at assemblies for positive citizenship as Students of the Month.
- Military Support groups provide connective support opportunities for students with active and deployed military family members.
- Active adult/student mentorship program, volunteers welcome!
- Coyote Park is a student and staff volunteer maintained park here on our school property.
- Watch D.O.G.S involves father figures in the lives of our students at Chambers Prairie. We are excited to be strengthening this program for the benefit of our students.
- We are proud to be a Partner in Education with TwinStar Credit Union and Hop Jack's!
Academic Gap Goal:
- The percentage of low-income students meeting proficiency on the ELA and math state assessments will increase by 15% in the spring of 2020.
Behavior Gap Goal:
- The number of office referrals for tier II/III students in grades K-4 in 2018-19 will decrease by 20% for grades 1-5 in 2019-20.
The Chambers Prairie Staff welcomes involvement in our school through various volunteer opportunities. From becoming a helper in a classroom to volunteering as a mentor in our mentor program, we welcome anyone that is willing to bring a positive opportunity to our students. We believe that a partnership with parents is the most powerful partnership we can create. Our PTSA welcomes all parents to be a part of their organization as equally as we welcome community members to be a part of our school day. To find out about the various opportunities you might have to be a positive influence in a students life by volunteering, call our school at (360) 412-4720 or fill out an application online.
Mission: Learning every day for everyone to take everywhere.
- Partnerships with families, staff, and community are vital .
- It is important for everyone to feel connected to the school community.
- Student success is fostered by proactive communication.
- Every student has a right to the Quality Learning.
- Students need a sense of efficacy and perseverance.
- Everyone has a right to a physically and emotionally safe learning environment.
Chambers Prairie Elementary was built in 2008-2009 and opened in Fall 2009. The Chambers Family was one of the first in the area, settling here in the late 1840’s. The homesteads of Andrew Jackson, John, and Thomas Chambers covered the area where Chambers Prairie Elementary is now located, on 13.1 acres at 6501 Virginia Street SE in Lacey. The two-building 57,373 square feet facility, currently serves kindergarten through fifth grade. It has 31 instructional spaces, including a double portable. This school was built with 2006 bond funds and state assistance funding.