Chinook offers Choir 2 periods a day, one period of 6th grade choir and a period of mixed 7/8 grade choir.
- To create a welcome environment where all learners can have fun, learn music, and contribute as a member of the community. Please feel free to ask as many questions or point out any problem areas in the music during or after rehearsal. All students are part of the ensemble and we need all of you to succeed!
- Students will understand proper rehearsal, audience and performance conduct.
- All students will learn and demonstrate proper vocal technique, sight reading skills, and music theory knowledge.
Upcoming Important Dates
- December 12, 2019 - Fall & Winter Concert, 7pm @ Koval Center
- February 1, 2020 - Solo & Ensemble @ Timberline
- March 5, 2020 - Zone 3 Concert, 7pm @ Koval Center
- April 29 & 30, 2020 - CMEA Middle School Large Group Festival
- June 9, 2020 - Spring Concert, 7pm @ Koval Center
Mrs. Edwards' Schedule
- 1st Period: @Komachin Middle School
- 2nd Period: @Komachin Middle School
- 3rd Period: @Komachin Middle School
- 4th Period: Traveling to Chinook Middle School
- 5th Period: 6th Grade Choir
- 6th Period: 7th/8th Grade Choir
About Sarah Edwards
Mrs. Edwards is a graduate of Western Washington University with a degree in Music Education. The 2019-2020 school year marks her fifth year of teaching and her second year in North Thurston Public Schools. Previously she taught choir, leadership and music appreciation at Lochburn Middle School in the Clover Park School District. Sarah was previously a member of the Seattle Opera supplemental chorus and made her Seattle Opera debut in the chorus of their 2018 summer production of Porgy and Bess. Sarah also made her concert debut with Federal Way Symphony & Chorus in May 2018. She also has sung with Symphony Tacoma Voices and the Tacoma Opera chorus. She served as Assistant Director for the Tacoma Refugee Choir when it first began. She has been recognized in vocal competitions with 1st place in adult musical theater and 2nd place in the adult classical at Regional NATS Auditions. Sarah was recently recognized by the Washington State chapter of the American Choral Directors Association with an award for “Outstanding Emerging Choral Director”. Sarah frequently performs with the Seattle based funk band “The Prime Time Band” while continuing to pursue operatic training and share her passion for teaching and performing. Sarah decided to become a music teacher because she was inspired by her Timberline High School teacher, Terry Shaw.
About Amanda Herrmann
Ms. Herrmann holds a Bachelor of Music Degree from Western Oregon University and a Masters of Arts in Teaching from George Fox University in Oregon. She has been active in Choir and Orchestra for over 17 years, both in school and professionally. She has performed in many countries with the Eastern Oregon Chamber Singers including Ecuador, Austria, and Hungary. She has been teaching at Chinook Middle School for the past six years, and this is her third year of sharing her experience and passion for music with students here at Salish.