Attendance Information for Families
Attendance Line: 360-412-4761
- The first bell rings at 9:16 AM and attendance is taken at 9:20AM in the classroom. If your student will be arriving later than 9:20, they will need a note or phone call from the parent or guardian to excuse the tardy. Students should check in at the attendance window to get a pass to class. Students who have 3 unexcused tardies in a week time frame will have an Isolated Lunch period.
- Students who arrive on a late bus must check in at the attendance window and get a pass to class. A late bus will not count as a tardy.
- To excuse your student for an illness or appointment for the school day, please call the attendance line at 412-4761. You may leave a message detailing the absence.
- If your student has an appointment during the school day, please send a note with your student or call 412-4761 to have your student released for the appointment. A call in will require the parent/guardian to come in and sign out the student, if you send a note no other signature is required.
- When possible, a doctor’s note is appreciated for illnesses or appointments.
- Attendance Call goes out to families at 1:30 PM daily. Excused Absence requests will need to be made by 11:00 AM to avoid receiving an Attendance Call. Any requests made after 11:00 AM can be viewed as 'Excused' on Family Access.
- Bus Notes If your student needs to ride a different bus home please provide a written note from the parent/guardian giving permission for the change. We will not be accepting phone calls for change requests. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org with change requests.
Absence Reporting Through Family Access
Login to Family Access using your secure credentials. Contact your school's office if you do not know your username and/or password.
- Select the student who is absent.
- Click on the Attendance tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the Enter Absence Request hyperlink on the right side of the screen.
- Click on the Add Request hyperlink.
- On the Add Request screen, select the absence Start Date, End Date, Start Time, End Time and Reason. Entering comments is optional. Click the Save button.
- If your email address is in our records, you will receive an email confirming the absence.