Applying to Aspire takes place by filling out an application and submitting it. Aspire students are chosen by random lottery drawing and notified if they have been selected or not. Those not selected are placed on a waiting list should an opening occur.
To make the process easier, each year in the spring, Aspire holds an Application Night, where interested parents and students can come learn about Aspire, its programs, and fill out an application. The application process is open to all current 5th graders who reside in the NTPS boundaries.
If you did not attend Application Night, you can fill out and application and turn it in (in person) to the Aspire office by the deadline.
The 2020 -2021 School Year Application Night is March 2, 2020
What happens at Application Night?
- A description of Aspire’s mission, vision, goals
- An explanation of all the programs offered
- A detailed outline of the application process
- Distribution of the Application Packet
- The selection process will be administered by the District Office March 23, 2020.
- Each student with a completed application, received prior to the deadline, receives a number. The student’s number is written on the receipt of acceptance when the application is turned in. Applications must be hand delivered to the Aspire Middle School office by the deadline. Mailed applications will not be accepted. Applications are due to Aspire office no later then 4:00PM March 16, 2020
- Each number is placed one time on one ticket. The ticket is placed in a container.
- The order drawn will determine the order in which placement at Aspire Middle School will be extended.
- The acceptance process will be administered by Aspire Middle School.
- Families are notified, in writing, regarding their child’s number and whether they are being offered placement at Aspire Middle School.
- Once all placement offers are accepted, the remaining students will be placed on the waiting list in the order they were drawn.
- Should openings occur, the next student on the waiting list is offered placement. Waiting lists will be maintained through the end of the students’ 8th grade year.