Transferring a student to another school
Each student in NTPS is required to attend school based upon the boundary in which they reside.
If a student wishes to attend a school outside their resident boundary (inside or outside NTPS), they must follow the transfer process. Forms must be submitted by a parent or guardian. Per NTPS Policy 3131 and 3141.
The transfer request must be submitted annually if the student wishes to continue to attend a school other than their resident school.
In order to ensure space for resident students, the district will restrict or limit transfers at some schools.
Students will not be registered at the requested school until the transfer process is completed and the parents & school have been notified.
Students who are approved to transfer into NTPS or within NTPS are NOT permitted to ride district transportation.* If your family has relocated and your new address assigns your students to a new school:
- If you wish to request they continue at their current school, please follow the transfer process described below.
- If you want your students to attend the new resident school assigned to your new address, please take proof of your new address into the NEW school. Follow the link below to see what is accepted as proof, fill out the form and bring it and the proof documentation to the new resident school.
- New Address Verification Form
Please contact Student Records for assistance.(360) 412-4559 or (360) 412-4501NTPS Service Center — Student Records6620 Carpenter Road SE Lacey, WA 98503Although emailing documents is preferred, you may drop off copies of documents to the Student Records office at the Service Center. See Student Records hours, directions, summer information, and COVID-19 restrictions >>
- All Intra-District Transfers (wish to attend a school not zoned for your address within NTPS) must be submitted through Skyward Family Access. Obtain login information from your home school, via email.
- No paper forms will be accepted. Your request will not be time-stamped until the request is made through Family Access.
- Parents will be notified of a decision via letter within 45 days of receipt of the request.
- To transfer your student outside NTPS, or transfer your student into NTPS, you will need to email, mail, or drop off completed form(s) to Student Records. See Contact Us information above.
- Be sure your home boundary District has signed off prior to submitting the transfer request to the desired district.
- Download a form below. We also accept most surrounding district forms as well. (This form is NOT for Online School)
Outside District Transfer & Other Forms
Choice Transfer Request for online school.
Inside-district Transfer for students who wish to attend online school as well as take a few classes at their home attendance school.
Solicitud de transferencia según la ley Choice.
Solicitud de transferencia dentro (Intra) del Distrito para los estudiantes que viven dentro de la zona de asistencia de la Escuela Pública de North Thurston.
Fuera de las formas de transferencia de distrito.