Transferring a student to another school

  • All NTPS students are required to attend the school inside the boundary in which they reside. See school boundary maps >>

    If a student wishes to attend a different school (either another school in our district or a school elsewhere), they must follow the transfer process. Forms must be submitted by a parent or guardian. See NTPS Policy 3131 & 3141 for details.

Intra-District Transfers

  • Intra-District Transfer

    Grades PK-12 Transfers

    Transferencias de grados 1-PK

    Note: No NEW transfer requests will be accepted for Meadows, Olympic View, Pleasant Glade, and South Bay Elementary for the 2023-24 and 2024-25 school year.

    NTPS families wanting to request a transfer for the 2024-25 school year will be able to do so through Skyward Family Access starting March 4, 2024, at 8:00 am.

Non-Resident Transfers

Questions? Contact Us!

Outside District Transfer & Other Forms

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I transfer INTO NTPS from outside the district?

  • How do I transfer OUT of North Thurston Public Schools?

  • Why are transfers not being approved at some schools?

  • How often do I need to follow the transfer process for my student?

  • Will transfer students be allowed to ride the bus?

  • What if I want my NTPS student to attend a different NTPS school?

  • What if we have moved within the district and wish to attend the new school?

  • What if we have moved within the district and my student wishes to attend their old school?