Grant Sears, Orchestra
Room: #140 - Orchestra Room
Please carefully read and understand the operations of the NTHS orchestra by downloading the orchestra handbook available on this website. Also, please take a look at the Performance Calendar, this has important information for all musicians on performance dates throughout the school year.
Finally, please know that I am here to help your child in any way that I can. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions at all. The best way to contact me is through my school email address.
Reminders for Orchestra Students & Parents
- Bring your instrument and a combination lock to school on the first day. I will assign you a locker for your instrument.
- Make sure your instrument and case are in good working order. IE - New strings, bow rehair,shoulder pad, fine tuners, rosin, and pencil.
- Start practicing again. There will most likely be a quiz at the end of the first week.
- Please read and understand the orchestra handbook on this site. Print the Parent and Student signature form and turn in to Mr. Sears by Friday September 6th.
- Work hard, pay attention, turn in all of your assignments and you'll do very well.
- All cell phones are to be turned off and kept out of site.
I am in my 35th year of teaching, 34 of which have been in the North Thurston Public Schools. I presently teach orchestra at North Thurston High School, South Bay, and Pleasant Glade schools. I have a bachelor of Music from Washington State University (Yes I'm a Coug!) and a Master of Arts in Music from Pacific Lutheran University. I absolutely love teaching orchestra and strive to instill a love and commitment for playing a stringed instrument throughout a student's life. I do this by modeling excellence through positive energy, commitment toward my students, and dedication to the craft of teaching. My lovely wife, Cheryl, is a 4th grade teacher at Evergreen Forest elementary. She is an amazing person and is always an inspiration to me. I also have 2 beautiful grown daughters, Jessica and Christine, who are equally amazing people.
- 7:30am - NTHS, Symphonic Strings
- 8:29am - NTHS, String Orchestra
- 9:33am - NTHS, Camerata
- 11:30am - Pleasant Glade Elementary Strings
- 12:50pm - South Bay Elementary Strings