North Thurston Volleyball
Head Coach: Jacqueline Meyer
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: (360) 412-4800
- JV Coach: Rachel Smith
C Team Coach:
Assistant Coach: Liz Colon
Schedules, Standings, and Conference Updates (South Sound Conference Website)
Volleyball UPDATE as of December 15th
I hope the first few months of remote learning are going well for all of you. I am sure we are all getting very anxious for the Holiday break. I am also sure that everyone is super excited for the up-and-coming sports seasons to start so that we can all be back in the gym working out and playing sports again. Just like the rest of you, I am just as excited to see all of you on the court.
The WIAA released the new sports schedule on November 18th.
Here is the link to review the new schedules: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRop6HNtm7WrTzJ_C9Xoy0YwF2iGmh5vXV4HjxpUflG5HexCU1eTv3CFkzQAmODD8Ogry3-PayYQzag/pubhtml
Volleyball Seasons dates: March 15th 2021-May 2nd 2021
By mid-January we should have a bit more information from the WIAA. I will continue to update you as the information comes out.
Please note that the season does go through Spring Break. We will have games and practice over spring break. We also may have more than 2 games a week during the season. We do not have a schedule yet but have been told that there is no guarantee that the game schedule will remain what it has been in the past. I am just very excited to compete and be back in the gym once again!
There are some things that athletes and families can do to prepare for return to sports that can make the transition much easier:
*** If you participated in Fall workouts you have completed all these steps already!
- Families can go online and print out the sport forms to turn in along with a copy of a physical to Karly (ASB bookkeepers at NTHS) https://www.nthurston.k12.wa.us/Page/23654(Follow all steps)
- Once we get the go ahead from the district, office hours will be posted on the athletic website (I will also send out an email) so that athletes and families can turn in the packet Karly. Only completed paperwork will be accepted.
- Sports fees will be paid once the "sports season" starts.
- Get Athletes an up-to-date physical (This is very important!)
* Parents can log into Skyward to see their athlete's physical expiration date. (high school physicals are good for 2 years - but please check)
* Incoming freshman will have to provide a copy of a sports physical. Middle schools do not transfer athletic forms up to the high schools and we do not request them from our office.
- Please help your students get their grades to passing and meeting the WIAA requirements to participate in sports. If a student does not meet the requirements, they will not be able to participate until they have. Those requirements are:
+ 2.0 GPA or Higher
+ NO more than 1 F
Please get everything ready so that when tryouts start on March 15th you will be ready to go.
I am posting challenges and google meets on the Volleyball Canvas page. If you are interested in being a part of the program and are not already on the Canvas page, please let me know and I will add you. I have been posting individual challenges to motivate and encourage team unity. Also, I have been using it to quickly communicate with athletes. Please have your athlete email me if they are interested (use school email). Please forward this on to any new parents/athletes that may be interested in joining our program!
I hope the holidays find some much-needed rest and break from remote learning. I miss seeing all the athletes and families in the gym but can't wait for the NEW YEAR! Please remain POSITIVE, MOTIVATED, and SAFE!
Best Wishes and Happy Holidays!
News & Announcements
NTHS's Calyne Schmidt
featured in Thurston Talk:
Big Sister / Lil Sister