North Thurston Lady Rams Basketball
2019-2020 Girls BasketballSouth Sound Conference league info: SSC AthleticsHead Coach: Jacqueline Meyeremail: email@example.com: (360) 412-4800 ext. 41131
Assistant Coach: Rachel Smith / email: firstname.lastname@example.orgJV Coach: Heath Owens / email: email@example.comC Team Coach: Kate Kessel / email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Basketball UPDATE 2020-2021
Hello Ram Family: I hope the first few weeks of remote learning are going well for all of you. I am sure we are all getting very anxious to be back in the gym working out and playing sports again. Just like the rest of you, I am just as excited to see all of you on the court. We are still awaiting word from Thurston County Department of Health and the District Office to when we will be able to return to meeting with athletes again.
Also, the WIAA window to have contact with Athletes does not open till: September 28th.
There are some things that athletes and families can do to prepare for return to sports that can make the transition much easier:
1. Families can go online and print out the sport forms to turn in along with a copy of a physical to Jara or Karly (ASB bookkeepers at NTHS) https://www.nthurston.k12.wa.us/Page/23654 (Follow all steps)
2. Once we get the go ahead from the district, office hours will be posted on the athletic website (I will also send out an email) so that athletes and families can turn in the packet to Jara or Karly. Only completed paperwork will be accepted.
3. No money will be required since this is for workouts/out of season practice. Sports fees will be paid once the "sports season" starts.
4. Get Athletes an up-to-date physical * Parents can log into Skyward to see their athlete's physical expiration date. (high school physicals are good for 2 years - but please check)
* Incoming freshman will have to provide a copy of a sports physical. Middle schools do not transfer athletic forms up to the high schools and we do not request them from our office.
Please get everything ready so that when we do get the go, you will be able to turn in your paperwork and join the workout session.
Once we get the clear, I plan on running basketball workouts on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:30-6:00pm. I am working this week on creating a Basketball Canvas page. I would like to start posting individual challenges to motivate and encourage team unity. Also, I plan to use it to quickly communicate with athletes.
Please have your athlete email me if they are interested (use school email). Please forward this on to any new parents/athletes that may be interested in joining our program!