North Thurston Swimming & Diving Team
- Head Coach: Laurel Smith (360) 357-3157
- Assistant Coach: Payton Harn
- Practice schedule: Monday-Friday 2-5 PM, Saturdays 8-10:30 AM
Swimming requires dedicated attendance six days a week, Monday-Saturday. Every practice is important to success.
Practice Times for 2021
- First practice: March 22nd, 2021
- Monday-Friday, 2:15-4:45
- Saturday 8-10:30
Swimming Practice location
North Thurston High School Swimming Pool. All three district pools are currently in working order. In case of breakdowns or maintenance we may be required to change locations and times. Please remain flexible. Updates and any changes will be explained to the team. Captains will phone or send info electronically.
Required Equipment and Gear
- One practice suit and goggles* -backups recommended.
- Clean dry towel daily.
- Unbreakable Water bottle -no glass on deck
- Two sets of goggles and a spare set of straps is highly recommended.
- Competition goggles should be clear, rather than shaded.
Other Optional equipment
- North Thurston provides kickboards, hand-paddles, fins, drag suits, and pull buoys for team use.
- Most veteran swimmers prefer purchasing their own gear for comfort and hygienic reasons.
Team Clothing (also optional)
- Each year Ram Captains design Team t-shirts, hoodies, and other team gear which will be available for purchase mid-way into the season. Prices vary year to year.
Where to purchase required and optional equipment: These days most swimming families purchase online. The swimoutlet.com site is the best place to order any swim suits, caps or equipment.