Welcome to Summit Virtual Academy!
Summit is a free, ONLINE K-12 student learning experience that opened in 2021. A fully-online education option for NTPS students to learn from the safety and familiarity of their own homes.
- OSPI Report Card (statistics, demographics, etc.)
- Our Partner in Education (PIE Partners are local businesses that partner and help support Summit in its mission!)
Unique things we do at Summit
- Qualified NTPS teachers teach a catalog of classes for grades K-12
- We utilize the k12 learning platform https://www.k12.com/
- We value student voice: they provide the Tip of the Week announcements, and were integral to our mascot choice
- Students learn from their homes using laptops provided by the school
- Optional social opportunities at in-person events and experiences
- Principal Advisory Team: a diverse group of students and family members providing input monthly
- We are the only school at NTPS that has elementary, middle, and high school teachers & students working together
Academic Gap Goal
- Increase the overall percentage of 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students passing ALL of their classes from an average of 76% in spring of 2022 to 80% or better by spring of 2023 (6th grade rate: 74%, 7th grade: 81%. 8th grade: 74%)
Behavior Gap Goal
- Belonging and Identify (Educational Effectiveness Survey) – The overall percentage of students who respond that they often / almost always belong to a group of friends will increase from 44% overall to at least 50% overall by spring of 2023.
Download the whole School Improvement Plan >> (PDF) Updated spring 2023
We believe everyone can achieve individual growth when our community of students, families, and staff work together. In an environment where tradition meets innovation, learners can reach their true summit.
Learn what our community sees as Summit's greatest strengths & challenges as we plan for the future.
At Summit, the role our community plays at our school is still forming.
Total Budget for 2021-22: $7,997,683
Building Expenditure Per Pupil: $13,124.08