As a student of ASL, I understand that language can be a powerful connection between peoples of different cultures and backgrounds, bringing them together. Henceforth, I am proud to commit to being a steadfast ally of the Deaf community. I pledge to encourage Deaf and Hearing peoples to come together in unity throughout the world. Lastly, I will uphold the ideals of the American Sign Language Honor Society in scholarship, community service, and personal excellence.
Honor Cords at Graduation
Honor cords may be worn at induction ceremonies if the student meets these eligibility requirements:
- Is a student at a high school, senior high school, or other secondary institution;
- Has studied ASL for at least TWO (2) years;
- Possesses an overall grade point average of 3.5 / B+ in their ASL coursework;
- Possesses an overall grade point average of 3.2 / B in all other subjects; and
- Completion of at least FIVE (5) hours of community services that benefits the Deaf Community.