Step 1 - Schedule a School Tour with the Principal
The first step to enrolling at Ignite Family Academy is to take a school tour with our principal. During this time, you will learn more about our school, weekly and monthly student/family requirements to attend, and more!
Tours typically are held between the hours of 11-12:30pm and 3-3:30pm daily or all day on Fridays. Please contact the office at 360-412-4907 to schedule.
Step 2 - Statement of Understanding
Every student is required to have a Statement of Understanding (SOU) on file. Below you can find the SOU and may print, sign, and bring on your tour. Or, we will have copies here for you to complete once you decide if Ignite is a good fit for your family.
Step 3 - NTPS New Student Registration
Students not currently enrolled in North Thurston Public Schools must complete all parts of the New Student Registration process listed below.
If you are a currently enrolled NTPS student (even part-time), you can skip this section!
How to submit your documents
- Please submit your paper copies of all student registration documents directly to the registrar at the Ignite school building (4111 Sixth Ave NE), M-F 8am-3:30pm.
- If you have questions, please call IFA Registrar, Somer Bellis at (360) 412-4907.
- Only a parent/guardian living in the District and at the same residence as the student may enroll the student.
- Please provide accurate information. Inaccurate information could place you in jeopardy of legal action.
Kindergarten Cutoff Date
- 5 years old on or before August 31st makes your child eligible for fall Kindergarten.
Part A - Complete the NTPS registration packet
- Download and fill out a registration packet (PDF)
Part B - Additional Required Documents
- Proof of name and age of student. (1) one of the following birth record documents:
- Birth Certificate (order copies from the state if lost)
- Valid Passport
- Driver's License
- Documentation of legal name change if different than name on the birth record above.
- Medically Verified Immunization Records (Required by Washington State) EXAMPLES:
- A completed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) signed by a healthcare provider;
- A CIS filled out by you or another parent/guardian with medical records attached;
- A CIS printed by a health care provider or school from the Washington State Immunization Information System; OR
- A CIS printed from MyIR (a free Dept of Health online tool), go to wa.myir.net/register to begin the sign-up process.
- Race and Ethnicity Form (click link to download)
- Proof of residency One (1) of the following documents:
- Current lease
- Recent contract of sale
- Recent Mortgage statement
- Recent Utility Bill
- NTPS Verification of Residency Statement (click link to download) if living in-district OR Non-Resident Admissions Application (click link to download) if living outside of NTPS district boundaries.
- Custody agreement/parenting plan/court order if parents are separated or divorced.
- Academic records (most recent report card for K-8) (helpful, but optional)
- Copy of Individualized Education Program (IEP) / Evaluation Report (ER) (if applicable) (helpful, but optional)
- Copy of 504 (if applicable) (helpful, but optional)