Grading Agreement & Practice
Updated January 2021
- The Purpose of a grade is to communicate about a student’s learning toward a standard.
- Students are given multiple opportunities to show what they know; demonstrate their mastery of standards. We will allow a redo or retake of the assignment/assessment if the work is important to the learning.
- When students submit a retake or redo of an assignments or test, the new grade will be replaced in the grade book, not averaged with the previous attempt.
- Late work will be accepted at any time throughout the grading period. The grading period is semester one and semester two (cumulative grade).
- We communicate with students and their families regularly through progress reports in Skyward (every two weeks), conferences, and report cards.
- Our staff uses one of two grading scales, which are consistent by department. The intervals between grades (Values) are equal. We will not use a zero in a 100-point scale. Read The Case Against Zero for a great explanation.
Percentage Based Grading
Letter Percent Description A 93-100 All standards met A- 90-92 B+ 87-89 Most standards met B 83-86 B- 80-82 C+ 77-79 Approaching most standards met C 73-76 C- 70-72 D+ 67-69 Some standards met D 60-66 G Below 60 Standards not met
4 Point Grading Scale
Letter Points Description A 3.65-4.00 All standards met A- 3.50-3.64 B+ 3.25-3.49 Most standards met B 3.00-3.24 B- 2.70-2.99 C+ 2.30-2.69 Approaching standards met C 2.00-2.29 C- 1.70-1.99 D 1.30-1.69 F 1.29 and below Standards not met