North Thurston High School is a community of learners committed to individual excellence. We empower learners by fostering an environment that promotes intellectual and emotional growth. We believe in equity and unity, while celebrating diversity. We are a safe, and caring community where all strive to learn, grow, and achieve.
North Thurston High School was built in 1954 on 38.4 acres. In 1967, the auto shop and pool were added, followed by the library in 1972. In 1983-1984, the building was completely demolished and rebuilt, except for the library, autoshop and pool. The auditorium, known today as the Koval Center for the Performing Arts, was added in 1995. A technology upgrade was completed in 1996 and an HVAC upgrade was completed in 2000. In 2003, utilizing bond and state assistance funds, the pool was modernized, due in part to severe structural earthquake damage.Exterior building upgrades of the Koval Center were completed in 2010 utilizing state grant funds. The building is currently in the process of being modernized using 2014 bond dollars.