How to Report an Absence
To excuse an absence, a phone call, note, or entry in Family Access from a parent/guardian must be received within two business days.
- Call the attendance office: 360-412-4882 (Leave a voicemail after hours)
- Send a note with the student when they return
- Report the absence through Family Access (see instructions below)
In order to accurately record your child's absence, please include the following information:
- Student's first and last name
- Date(s) of absence(s)
- Date of note or voicemail
- Parent name and phone number
- Reason for absence (such as illness, appointment, bereavement, etc)
Doctor's notes and appointment slips are encouraged and may be submitted at any point.
Please be aware that vacations and trips are not "excused" absences.
Absence Reporting Through Family Access
Login to Family Access using your secure credentials. Contact your school's office if you do not know your username and/or password.
- Select the student who is absent.
- Click on the Attendance tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the Enter Absence Request hyperlink on the right side of the screen.
- Click on the Add Request hyperlink.
- On the Add Request screen, select the absence Start Date, End Date, Start Time, End Time and Reason. Entering comments is optional. Click the Save button.
- If your email address is in our records, you will receive an email confirming the absence.
NTPS Attendance Information
What is good attendance?
Why is good attendance important?
What happens if a student misses too much school?
What can the district do?
What can families do?
Need more information about attendance?