How to Report an Absence
For absences to be excused, a phone call, note or submission through Family Access from the guardian/parent must be received within two business days to report the reason for the absence. You can:
- Call the attendance office: (360) 412-4882 (Leave a voicemail after hours)
- Send the student with a note
- Report the absence through Family Access (see instructions below)
In order to accurately record your child's absence, please include the following information when writing a note to excuse your child:
- Student's first and last name
- Date(s) of absence(s)
- Date of note
- Parent first and last name
- Parent phone number
Absence Reporting Through Family Access
Login to Family Access using your secure credentials. Contact your school's office if you do not know your username and/or password.
- Select the student who is absent.
- Click on the Attendance tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the Enter Absence Request hyperlink on the right side of the screen.
- Click on the Add Request hyperlink.
- On the Add Request screen, select the absence Start Date, End Date, Start Time, End Time and Reason. Entering comments is optional. Click the Save button.
- If your email address is in our records, you will receive an email confirming the absence.