How to Report an Absence
To excuse an absence, a phone call, note, or entry in Family Access from a parent/guardian must be received within two business days.
- Call the attendance office: 360-412-4882 (Leave a voicemail after hours)
- Send a note with the student when they return
- Report the absence through Family Access (see instructions below)
In order to accurately record your child's absence, please include the following information:
- Student's first and last name
- Date(s) of absence(s)
- Date of note or voicemail
- Parent name and phone number
- Reason for absence (such as illness, appointment, bereavement, etc)
Doctor's notes and appointment slips are encouraged and may be submitted at any point.
Please be aware that vacations and trips are not "excused" absences.
Absence Reporting Through Family Access
Log into Family Access. Contact your school's office if you do not know your username and/or password.
- If you have multiple students, click on the student you wish to report the absence at the top of the screen (the drop-down at the top if you're using the mobile app).
- Click on the Attendance tile
- Make sure you're on the Absence Requests (tabs are in the middle of the screen), click Add Absence Request at the very right, choose the appropriate reason, adding notes, and copying the request to multiple students, if needed.
- A message will be sent to your office with the information and will be pending until it has been processed.
Watch this video to see it in action!
NTPS Attendance Information
What is good attendance?
Why is good attendance important?
What happens if a student misses too much school?
What can the district do?
What can families do?
Need more information about attendance?