Interested in Enrolling?
How to Enroll at Envision Career Academy
Interested in enrolling at Envision Career Academy?
Here’s what you need to know
- Enrollment at Envision is different than the other high schools. We are a school of choice and students are selected through a lottery process. At this time, we do not enroll out of district students. Additionally, we screen all applicants to ensure they are eligible to enroll before putting them into the lottery.
- The 2020-21 school year begins on Wednesday, September 9, 2020.
- We are enrolling incoming 9th and 10th grade students for the 2020-21 school year. Incoming sophomores must have 4 credits to be eligible to enroll. We are not enrolling juniors, seniors or super seniors (classes of 2022, 2021, and 2020); there are no exceptions. Incoming 10th graders will need to submit a semester 1 transcript and current semester 2 grades with the completed application.
Steps to Enroll
- Be sure the student wants to attend Envision. We are a choice school, so students must choose us to attend. If a student doesn’t want to enroll, or is not sure, please do not proceed with enrollment.
- Return a completed application. Applications will be available on our website, with all school counselors, and at the school, beginning on February 24, 2020. You can return your application anytime before May 1, 2020. At that time, we will give you your lottery number. Incoming 10th graders will need to submit a semester 1 transcript and current semester 2 grades with the completed application.
- Wait for the lottery outcome & notification. The lottery selection will be on May 4 and results will be posted on our website. On May 5, notification letters will be mailed home. Those students who were not selected through the lottery will go on a waiting list.
- Waiting List. As additional student spots open up, we will contact families and students on the waiting list. This will begin in April and continue through August.
February 24: Applications available (website & at school). Pick up at South Sound HS, 411 College St. NE, Lacey.
February 24-May 1: Turn in applications (in-person at school). Drop off at South Sound HS, 411 College St. NE, Lacey.
May 4: Lottery drawing
May 5: Notification letters mailed home