Welcome to Envision Career Academy
Welcome to Envision Career Academy! We are North Thurston Public School's innovative, choice high school. We opened in September 2020, and offer an innovative learning opportunity to students in our district who are driven by inquiry, are independent workers/learners, and who want to collaborate with teachers & peers.
A Unique, Career Connected Learning Environment
The strength of ECA is its staff. They work very hard to create an environment where a positive relationship with every student is important -- no one at ECA can become invisible.
The responsibility for success is a two-way street. Every student who attends ECA has asked to be there -- they chose to attend. Because of that, every student is expected to attend and work toward their academic & career goals.
We offer five CTE pathways to graduation:
Follow each link below to visit the OSPI CTE website for more information on the program.
- Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
- Business, Management & Administration
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM)
Our student created Fyre Gryphon Code is EMBER!
Envision students are:
- Engaged: Positively participates in learning and discovery
- Mindful: Aware and reflective of words, actions, and choices
- Bold: Respectfully expresses true self and ideas
- Equitable: Celebrates and supports fair treatment and opportunities
- Resilient: Adapts to change and learns from challenges
Academic Gap Goal
- During the 21-22 school year, 100% of our students will successfully complete their collaborative problem-based, Compassionate Community Projects in The Spirit of Giving Back.
Behavior Gap Goal
- During the 21-22 school year, we will focus on practices to maintain student in-class attendance and minimize classroom exclusions.
Download the whole School Improvement Plan >> (PDF) Updated spring 2022
Mission: Envision Career Academy is a community of leaders and learners exploring career-focused experiences through problem-based, authentic action-oriented projects that improve our school, community, and world.
ECA's building was constructed in 2007 on 4.4 acres.
It is located at 411 College Street NE in Lacey adjacent to the Gott Administrative Center (District Office). The pre-engineered metal building was designed, permitted, built, and occupied within a one-year timespan. This school was designed from the beginning to accomodate non-traditional programs, initially occupied by the credit-retrieval choice school South Sound High School.
The 18,448 square foot building, including 10 instructional spaces, was building utilizing mitigation funds.