The Mentoring Program at NTPS is a unique opportunity for our students to be matched with community members to share experience — with the ultimate goal of enhancing and empowering NTPS students and their outlook on the future.
Students are connected to a mentorship opportunity that best serves their strengths, goals, and dreams. Mentors are asked to have a weekly meeting with their mentee at their school for 20-30 minutes a week, helping them discuss, set, and achieve their goals.
Questions? Contact program supervisor Jose Gutierrez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Steps to becoming an NTPS Mentor
- Fill out interest form
- Complete volunteer application
- Complete interest & participation agreement
- Complete reference checks & interview
- Attend district training
- Matched with student — mentor makes initial contact
- Schedule & attend first meeting with student at school
- Meet weekly for 20-30 minutes for:
- Goal settings & dialogue
- Weekly goal sheet reports main office
Mentors! Program Vision
NTPS MENTORS! is a goal-setting and life-enhancement program designed and initiated to impact, enhance, and empower our students and community through the process of mentoring and coaching.
We focus on:
- improving academic achievement
- social-emotional learning
- health & wellness
- cultural responsiveness
- creative / productive cultivation
- judgment & decision-making
We ask our community members and partners to take part in providing mentoring relationships between caring peers and adult friends. By working together, they can set, pursue, and achieve positive goals.