We are Superheroes in training!
Super Summer School is North Thurston Public School's reading and writing support for identified 3rd grade students.
June 29 - August 6, 2020, Monday-Thursday, 9am-10:30am
To foster the joy of reading while strengthening reading foundational skills, comprehension skills, and writing skills in a fun and engaging summer learning environment.
Day to Day Information
Remote Learning Experience
Computer or Chrome Book required
- 9:00am - Morning Meeting with Principal
- 9:15am - Live Instruction with Classroom Teacher using ZOOM Meeting platform
- 10:20am-Community Closure with Principal
- Spirit Day every Thursday *TBA
- Students will have some independent work to complete outside of school hours using Google Classroom
Attendance will be taken each morning at 9am. To report an absence, please email our Principal Mrs. Myhr at email@example.com.
Our teachers use evidence-based instructional strategies for both reading and writing. Classroom instruction will be broken down into the following blocks and corresponding strategies:
- Whole Group Core Reading Instruction
- Independent Practice
- Conferring with Teacher
Reading Foundational Skills:
- LEXIA - personalized learning through adaptive & engaging online reading program
- Phonics and Word Work
- Our students who speak English as a second language will receive additional reading and writing supports with our ELL teacher
BE A HERO
Super Summer School Expectations
Be a HERO:
- On Task