New Student Enrollment for Middle & High School
Welcome to NTPS new students! Because schools are currently closed due to COVID-19, our registration process is limited but there are things families can still do to register. Please read the process carefully!
Registration takes place in 3 parts
- Find your School (search by your home address)
- Pre-registration online through our registration gateway using the school you find above.
- Email required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org (1 email with all attachments preferred) or mail to the following address:
North Thurston Public Schools
6620 Carpenter Road SE
Lacey, WA 98503
- Although emailing required documents is preferred, you may drop off copies of all required documents to the Student Records office at the Service Center. See Student Records hours, directions, other summer information and COVID-19 restrictions >>
- After the required documents have been processed, your student will need to make an appointment with the counselor to register for classes (use your High School's website for Counseling Office contact information).
- Only a parent/guardian living in the District and at the same residence as the student may enroll the student.
- Please provide accurate information. Inaccurate information could place you in jeopardy of legal action.
- If you do not have a computer with internet access, you may visit the Service Center during office hours to use a district-provided computer.
Seven (7) Required Documents:
- Proof of name and age of student. (1) one of the following birth record documents:
- Birth Certificate (order copies from the state if lost)
- Valid Passport
- Driver's License
- Documentation of legal name change if different than name on the birth record above.
- Medically Verified Immunization Records (Required by Washington State) EXAMPLES:
- A completed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) signed by a healthcare provider;
- A CIS filled out by you or another parent/guardian with medical records attached;
- A CIS printed by a health care provider or school from the Washington State Immunization Information System; OR
- A CIS printed from MyIR (a free Dept of Health online tool), go to wa.myir.net/register to begin the sign up process.
- Proof of residency. One (1) of the following documents:
- Current lease
- Recent contract of sale
- Recent Mortgage statement
- Recent Utility Bill
- NTPS Verification of Residency Statement (click link to download)
- Custody agreement/parenting plan/court order if parents are separated or divorced
- Registration Gateway Signature Page (click link to download)
Three (3) Documents not required, but helpful if available:
- Academic records (Report card if registering for grades 6-8 or transcripts if registering for grades 9-12) (helpful, but optional)
- Copy of Individualized Education Program (IEP) / Evaluation Report (ER) (if applicable) (helpful, but optional)
- Copy of 504 (if applicable) (helpful, but optional)