Welcome to River Ridge High School!
Welcome to River Ridge High School! We opened in 1993 and are a comprehensive high school that serves 9th through 12th grade in Olympia and Lacey, Washington.Our Mission: We are a diverse and accepting learning community dedicated to success through academics, student involvement, leadership, and pride.Characterized by:
- Student Achievement aligned to Common Core State Standards and 21st-Century Skills.
- The Hawk Way: Respectful, Responsible, Honorable, Successful
- A rich variety of co-curricular activities
- Lifelong learning with a global perspective
Unique things we do at River Ridge
- New STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) Program
- UW in the High School: Students can earn college and high school credit while enrolled in our pre-calculus class.
- AVID (Advancement via Individual Determination) program, a college and career readiness program
- Advanced Placement programs offering rigorous coursework
- Excellent elective programs in the Visual and Performing Arts, Career and Technical Ed, World Languages, and Health and Fitness.
- CORE/Flex: Academic intervention and support within the school day for all students
- Intervention courses to support students struggling in English, math or science
- After school math and science tutorial program staffed with a certificated teacher, paraeducator, and peer tutors
- Taiko Drumming Ensemble
- Partnership with St. Martin’s University’s teacher education program in working with their students from their practicum through student teaching experience, to include partners in our AVID tutorial
- Partners in Education: Generations Credit Union, Dutch Bros. Coffee, Hawks Prairie Physical Therapy & Athletic Rehabilitation, and Old Navy
Academic Gap Goal:
- By June 2020, River Ridge Hispanic and Native students will decrease the discrepancy gap in failure rates by 3%.
Behavior Gap Goal:
- By June 2020, the percentage of regularly attending Native students will increase by 12.5%, from 25% regular attendance to 37.5% regular attendance.
Looking for a way to get involved at River Ridge High School? We are looking for YOU!! Here are just a handful of ways to become involved:
- Volunteer in classrooms, the main office, and the library. Applications are online.
- Chaperone dances
- Become a Booster Club member: Support all students and their activities
- Be a guest speaker in our classes
- Attend athletic events
- Tutor in our AVID tutorial or after-school math tutorial programs
- Attend band, orchestra and choir performances
- Attend theatre performances and events
- Volunteer on a CTE advisory panel
- To volunteer, call our school at (360) 412-4820 or fill out an application online.
River Ridge's Building History
River Ridge High School was built in 1993 on 41.4 acres. It is located at 350 River Ridge Drive SE in Lacey. In 2002-2003, miscellaneous HVAC upgrades were completed. Pool mechanical upgrades (HVAC, boiler and controls) were upgraded in 2004. Interior upgrades were completed in 2011.Separate administration areas in four buildings were consolidated into one administration building and classrooms were added, creating a more efficient use of space.The gym floor was refinished and the hawk at center court was newly hand-painted by a local artist.Energy-efficient lighting upgrades and selective boiler replacement were also completed utilizing state energy grant funds.The 176,222 square foot building, including 80 instructional spaces, plus 3 portable classrooms serve 9-12 grade.