Welcome to South Bay's Health Room!
Nurse: Theresa Lim RN (Wednesdays & Thursdays all day)
Phone: (360) 412-4643
Health Room Assistant: Julie Fuglistahler (Monday-Friday all day)Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding immunizations requirements, vision and hearing restuls, or medication policies. Don't forget to let us know if you child has a new diagnoses that may affect him or her at school (such as asthma or diabetes).
District Health Information
All health rooms will be available before school starts to drop off required paperwork and medications that need to be on file before your child can start school, such as epi-pens, diabetes orders and supplies, and critical medications. All students with life-threatening conditions (e.g. asthma, diabetes, seizures) need to have orders and medications in before they can attend school. If you have any questions, call your school's Health Room or Office.
New MMR Vaccine RequirementThe State of Washington recently passed a bill that removes the personal and philosophical option to exempt children from the MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine required for school and child care entry. The bill was signed into law by Governor Jay Inslee on May 10, 2019. The new law will take effect July 28, 2019, and those children that do not have a religious or medical exemption and have not received the MMR vaccine will not be allowed into school. Please contact your health room personnel before summer or Student Support in the District Office if you have questions.
- NEW MMR Vaccine Exemption Law Change 2019 (Dept of Health Website)
- MMR Vaccine Requirement Letter to parents who have exempted
- FAQ About Washington's Immunization Status and Exemption Laws (PDF) (Dept of Health Website)
- North Thurston Public School's Policy on Medication Administration (PDF)
- Washington Department of Health's Immunization Website
- North Thurston Public Schools Policies on Immunization: Policy 3413 & 3413P