Credit Retrieval Program (Summer School)
North Thurston Public Schools offers a summer school option during the summer break. It is called the ONLINE ACADEMY Credit Retrieval and Advancement Program. It is for students entering grades 9-12 in the fall of 2020.
Please have your completed registration form and FULL tuition paid online by the registration deadline June 26, 2020.
- Dates: June 29 - August 6, 2020 8:30am-12:30pm
- Location: ONLINE
How it Works
- Do the following no later than June 26, 2020:
- First priority will be given to resident students of North Thurston Public Schools
- Financial assistance is available — please contact your student's counselor for next steps
- Each class = .5 credits (Although highly discouraged, a maximum of two .5-credit classes can be taken).
- $50 per .5 credit class
- Regular and consistent attendance and participation are necessary. District Attendance Policy is strictly adhered to.
- Student must check in with teacher twice weekly.
- Please read the Student Rights & Responsibilities Handbook
Summer School Classes Available
- CTE STEM Physics (Semester 1, Semester 2)
- CTE Digital Photography*
- CTE Health (Semester 1)*
- CTE Commercial Art*
- Drama (Semester 1)
- Algebra 1 (Semester 1, Semester 2)
- Geometry (Semester 1, Semester 2)
- Algebra 2 (Semester 1, Semester 2)
- English 9-12 (Semester 1, Semester 2)
- Washington State History
- World History 1
- World History 2, 3 (Semester 1, Semester 2)
- Biology (Semester 1, Semester 2)
- Physical Education (Semester 1, Semester 2)*
* Indicates the course can be taken for credit advancement (as opposed to credit retrieval).
APEX Social Studies
Willow Golden Stalcup
CTE Art / Photo
APEX ELA / Drama