Support for Homeless Students at Timberline High School
If, due to lack of housing, you must double-up with relatives or friends, live in a shelter, motel, vehicle, campground, on the street, in abandoned buildings or trailers, then according to the McKinney-Vento Act, your preschool-aged and school-aged children have certain rights such as immediate enrollment; priority in certain programs; free meals; transportation to/from school; and information regarding other free support programs.
A student qualifies if they are presently living:
- In a motel/hotel, campground, or similar situation due to lack of alternative, adequate housing;
- In a shelter;
- Sharing housing with relatives or others due to lack of housing;
- At a train or bus station, park, or in a car;
- In an abandoned building; or
- Not living with a parent or guardian.
Please contact Brenda McAferty, District Homeless Liaison, at (360) 412-4902 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and assistance.