Welcome to Kindergarten at South Bay!
Welcome to the South Bay Elementary's Kindergarten team Page! We are excited to have your student in our class this year. Look around our team page to get to know how we work as a team to help your Kindergartner towards success in school!
**Please note, we are currently on summer break and will return again in September. Our team website and individual websites will be updated once we return to reflect the 2020-2021 school year.
Helpful Links & Files
Remote Learning Plans
- None at this time
Please read for 20 minutes each night with your child. We use our reading logs as a fun way to encourage daily reading. When they are completed please return them to school.
Here are some websites we use in class, additional websites will be added throughout the year. If you have any suggestions for additional learning sites that you have used, please let us know!
- Timberland Library
- Imagine Math
- North Thurston Public Schools K-2 learning suggestions
- Rhyming Resources
- Pencil Grip Development
- Oral Reading Fluency
- Learning Sight Words
- Phonemic Awareness Resource
- Kindergarten Sight Word Lists
- First Grade Sight Word Lists
Fun Activities for Summer
Timberland Library Online Summer Program
MackinVIA- over 5,000 digital books available through Sept
- https://www.mackinvia.com/ Type School Name: South Bay User Name: SouthBay Password: Read
Virtual Field Trip List:
- The Smithsonian
- The Great Wall of China
- The San Diego Zoo
- Disney Fun! Virtual rides, parades, fireworks shows, animal productions. You should really check this out!
- Ancient Egypt
- Food Farm 360
- Mars Tour Via the Mars Curiosity Rover
- Tundra Connections
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- National Air and Space Museum
- International Museum of Children’s Art - Oslo, Norway
To volunteer at South Bay, you must complete an online form. Learn more about volunteering at South Bay