6th Grade English & Advisory
- Master's Degree in Education with an Endorsement in English Instruction.
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Literary Studies.
- Teaching Experience since 2010.
- Teaching Experience within North Thurston Public School District since 2012.
- High School and Middle School Teaching Experience.
6th Grade English Focuses:
- Washington State Standard's Aligned
- Common Core Curriculum Based
- Writing Standards
- Reading Standards
- Speaking/Listening Standards
- Communication Skills Standards
- Course work and Writing Do Now's are posted in Google Classroom. All students have set up their Google Classroom accounts.
- Skyward (Online Gradebook) will be updated every 2 weeks.
Late Work Policy:
Students are responsible for tracking upcoming due dates in their Planners. Students have a week to make up work after excused absences. After the week deadline has passed missing/late work will no longer be accepted. Appropriate times to ask me about assignments include before school 8:30 - 9:20, or after school 3:50-4:20.
- Students are respectful to themselves, myself, and their peers.
- Students are in their seat and reading the board by the bell.
- Students focus during lessons.
- Students practice during individual or group work time.
- Students are responsible for tracking their grades and upcoming due dates.
- Assignments - 20%
- Communication - 20%
- Evaluation - 20%
- Reading - 20%
- Workbooks - 20%