Contact and Technology Resources
- I was born and raised in Spokane, WA and graduated from Mead High School. I earned a BA in Experiential Education from The Evergreen State College (TESC), before working in outdoor education, environmental education, and business for 14 years. I then earned a Master in Teaching from TESC before joining NMS.
- My interests in science are diverse, so I love teaching middle school science, where we get to study a bit of everything!
- I live in Olympia, WA, with my wife, and three kids. In my free time, I love to spend time with family, camp, hike, ski, cycle, fish and learn about science!
- Please contact me via my email at any time. If you prefer to call, please do so after 3:50 pm (412-4700).
- I will send out emails about upcoming quizzes, tests, field trips, and other important dates.
- I also recommend that you check Skyward for up-to-date grades and to check for missing assignments.
- To access Skyward, click here.
- I post all quizzes and many student assignments on Canvas.
- I highly recommend that you create a parent account to access these resources.
- Note: student grades in Canvas are incomplete; use Skyward to check your student's grades.
To sign up and access your student's account in Canvas, click here.
- For information on class rules, procedures, and grading, please reference my Link to syllabus. Your child should have a copy in the science section of their binder as well.
6 Grade ScienceSemester 17/8 Grade ScienceSemester 1Semester 2
- This year we are studying Physical Science. Hi-Cap students will be studying Earth and Space. We will be mastering the following standards from the Next Generation Science Standards. 8th graders will take the summative state test, the WCAS, at the end of the school year. This test will cover all of middle school science as outlined in the NGSS.
- Period 1 - 6th grade science
- Period 2 - Planning
- Period 3 - 7/8th grade science
- Period 4 - 7/8th grade science
- Period 5 - 7/8th grade science
- Period 6 - 7/8th grade science