Room: 112Subject: 7th/8th Grade ScienceEmail: email@example.comPhone Number: 360.412.4770 ext. 37112
Hello parents! I am excited to be starting my 3rd year teaching 7th-8th grade science at NMS. This is also my first year teaching Hi-Cap Science (8th grade.)Bio
Contact and Technology Resources
- I was born and raised in Seattle, WA, graduating from Roosevelt High School in 2002. I earned a BA in Philosophy from the University of Washington in 2006, before completing the Biotechnology Technician Training Certificate course at Seattle Central CC in 2008-2009. Coursework included biology, chemistry, virology, and immunology. My interests in science are varied, and so I love teaching middle school science, where I get to teach (and learn with my students) everything!
- I live in Olympia, WA, with my wife, dog, and two cats. In my free time, I love to spend time with family, play analog synthesizers, travel, camp, hike, and learn about science!
- Please contact me via my email () at any time. If you prefer to call, please do so after 3:50 pm (412-4700). I will send out emails about upcoming quizzes, tests, field trips, and other important dates. I also recommend that you check Skyward for up-to-date grades and to check for missing assignments.
- I post all quizzes and many student assignments on Canvas. I highly recommend that you create a parent account to access these resources. Note: student grades in Canvas are incomplete; use Skyward to check your student's grades.
To access Skyward, click here.
To sign up and access your child's account in Canvas, click here.
- For information on class rules, procedures, and grading, please reference my syllabus for the 2018-19 school year. Your child should have a copy in the science section of their binder as well.
Physical ScienceSemester 1Semester 2Hi-Cap (Earth and Space)Semester 1Semester 2
- This year we are studying Physical Science. Hi-Cap students will be studying Earth and Space. We will be mastering the following standards from the Next Generation Science Standards. 8th graders will take the summative state test, the WCAS, at the end of the school year. This test will cover all of middle school science as outlined in the NGSS.
Regular Day ScheduleAdvisory 9:20-9:35P. 1 Physical Science 9:39-10:32P. 2 Physical Science 10:36-11:29P. 3 Physical Science 11:33-12:293rd Lunch 12:29-12:59P. 4 Physical Science 1:03-1:56P. 5 Planning 2:00-2:53P. 6 Hi-Cap Earth & Space 2:57-3:50
Early Release ScheduleAdvisory 9:20-9:35P. 1 Physical Science 9:39-10:17P. 2 Physical Science 10:21-10:59P. 3 Physical Science 11:03-11:593rd Lunch 11:59-12:29P. 4 Physical Science 12:33-1:11P. 5 Planning 1:15-1:53P. 6 Hi-Cap Earth & Space 1:57-2:35