How Attendance works at Nisqually
- First bell: 9:16 am
- Attendance taken: 9:20 am in the classroom.
Students arriving later than 9:20 am will need a note or phone call from their parent/guardian to excuse the tardy. Check in at the attendance window to obtain a pass to class. Students with 4 or more unexcused tardies will have detention.
Late bus? Late bus students must check in at the attendance window and get a pass to class. A late bus will not count as a tardy.
How do I report an absence?
- Call 360-412-4771 AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. You may leave a message detailing your student's absence.
- You may also report the absence through Family Access (directions below).
How do I request an early pickup, change in after-school plans?
- Call 360-412-4771 as early as possible, but no later than 3:00 pm on the day of the pick-up/travel change.
- For an early pickup, a parent/guardian is required to come in and sign the student out.
- Students will not be called out of class during the last period of the day without notice prior to 3:00 pm. We want to have your student ready to leave when you arrive to sign them out. Your student will be prepared with a pass to leave class if notice is received. Without prior notice, you will need to wait until a pass is sent to your student.
Absence Reporting Through Family Access
Log into Family Access. Contact your school's office if you do not know your username and/or password.
- If you have multiple students, click on the student you wish to report the absence at the top of the screen (the drop-down at the top if you're using the mobile app).
- Click on the Attendance tile
- Make sure you're on the Absence Requests (tabs are in the middle of the screen), click Add Absence Request at the very right, choose the appropriate reason, adding notes, and copying the request to multiple students, if needed.
- A message will be sent to your office with the information and will be pending until it has been processed.
Watch this video to see it in action!
NTPS Attendance Information
What is good attendance?
Why is good attendance important?
What happens if a student misses too much school?
What can the district do?
What can families do?
Need more information about attendance?