New Student Registration for Elementary Schools
Welcome to NTPS, new students! Enrollment is not complicated but does involve a few steps. Please read the instructions carefully.
Traduzca esta pagina | 이 페이지 번역 | Dịch trang này| Isalin ang pahinang ito | Faʻaliliu lenei itulau
- Find your School (search by your home address)
- Complete a Registration Packet:
- Registration Packet (PDF) - English
- Descargar paquete (PDF) - Spanish
- 패킷 다운로드 (PDF) - Korean
- Tải xuống gói (PDF) - Vietnamese
- Mag-download ng packet (PDF) - Tagalog
- Sii mai le paketi (PDF) - Samoan
- Bring packet to your school office (with the required and/or optional documents below) to complete registration.
- Elementary boundaries are currently under review, and student assignments may be impacted beginning in the 2023-24 school year. Learn more about the boundary review. Families who are impacted will be notified by letter. Register at the school that you find in the Find My School tool above.
- Only a parent/guardian living in the District and at the same residence as the student may enroll the student.
- Please provide accurate information. Inaccurate information could place you in jeopardy of legal action.
Questions? Please contact your school.
Kindergarten cut-off date5 years old on or before August 31st makes your child eligible for fall Kindergarten. Learn more about Kindergarten at NTPS.
What about Preschool?
- We offer Preschool for Special Education students, and tuition-paying integrated students. The enrollment process for Preschool is different. Learn more about NTPS Preschool.
Five (5) Required Documents:
- Verification of student's name and age. NTPS will accept a variety of documents for this purpose, including:
- Birth Certificate (order copies from the state if lost)
- Valid Passport
- Driver's License
- Adoption Record
- Previously Verified School Record
- Affidavit from Parent
- Documentation of legal name change if different than the name on the above record.
- Medically Verified Immunization Records (Required by Washington State) EXAMPLES:
- A completed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) signed by a healthcare provider (included in the packet above) ;
- A CIS filled out by you or another parent/guardian with medical records attached;
- A CIS printed by a health care provider or school from the Washington State Immunization Information System; OR
- A CIS printed from MyIR (a free Dept of Health online tool), go to wa.myir.net/register to begin the sign-up process.
- Proof of residency One (1) of the following documents:
- Current lease
- Recent contract of sale
- Recent Mortgage statement
- Recent Utility Bill
- Custody agreement/parenting plan/court order if parents are separated or divorced.
Three (3) Documents not required, but helpful if available:
- Academic records (most recent report card for K-8) (helpful, but optional)
- Copy of Individualized Education Program (IEP) / Evaluation Report (ER) (if applicable) (helpful, but optional)
- Copy of 504 (if applicable) (helpful, but optional)