New Student Registration for Elementary Schools
Welcome to NTPS new students! Enrollment is not complicated, but does involve a few steps. Please read the instructions carefully.
Registration takes place in 3 parts
- Find your School (search by your home address)
- Pre-registration online through our registration gateway using the school you find above.
- Email required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org (1 email with all attachments preferred) or mail to the following address:
North Thurston Public Schools
6620 Carpenter Road SE
Lacey, WA 98503
- Pre-registration online collects the state-mandated information about your student and will become part of their official record.
- Only a parent/guardian living in the District and at the same residence as the student may enroll the student.
- Please provide accurate information. Inaccurate information could place you in jeopardy of legal action.
- Submitting pre-registration information does not guarantee your student has met the requirements for admittance.
Kindergarten cut-off date5 years old on or before August 31st makes your child eligible for fall Kindergarten. Learn more about Kindergarten at NTPS.
What about Preschool?
- We offer Preschool for Special Education students, and tuition-paying integrated students. The enrollment process for Preschool is different. Learn more about NTPS Preschool.
Seven (7) Required Documents:
- Proof of name and age of student. (1) one of the following birth record documents:
- Birth Certificate (order copies from the state if lost)
- Valid Passport
- Driver's License
- Documentation of legal name change if different than name on the birth record above.
- Medically Verified Immunization Records (Required by Washington State) EXAMPLES:
- A completed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) signed by a healthcare provider;
- A CIS filled out by you or another parent/guardian with medical records attached;
- A CIS printed by a health care provider or school from the Washington State Immunization Information System; OR
- A CIS printed from MyIR (a free Dept of Health online tool), go to wa.myir.net/register to begin the signup process.
- NOT REQUIRED UNTIL OFFICES OPEN AGAIN: Proof of residency. One (1) of the following documents:
- Current lease
- Recent contract of sale
- Recent Mortgage statement
- Recent Utility Bill
- NTPS Verification of Residency Statement (click link to download)
- Custody agreement/parenting plan/court order if parents are separated or divorced.
- Registration Gateway Signature Page (click link to download)
Three (3) Documents not required, but helpful if available:
- Academic records (most recent report card for K-8) (helpful, but optional)
- Copy of Individualized Education Program (IEP) / Evaluation Report (ER) (if applicable) (helpful, but optional)
- Copy of 504 (if applicable) (helpful, but optional)