Welcome to NTPS!
Welcome to North Thurston Public Schools! What began as a small rural district in 1953, has grown into the most ethnically diverse student population in the south Puget Sound. Covering 74 square miles in Lacey and northeast Thurston County, we are the 23rd largest district in the state. See boundary maps
With over 14,000 students & 2,000 employees, we serve the community with:
- 13 Elementary Schools (Pre-K through 5th grade)
- 4 Middle Schools, including (6th through 8th grade)
- 3 Comprehensive High Schools (9th through 12th grade)
- 4 Choice schools (a virtual school, a home-based instruction support school, a performing arts middle school, and a CTE-centered high school)
We love our community! Over 6,500 NTPS Volunteers contribute their time to students each school year. Become a Volunteer!
Each of our schools has at least one Partner in Education. This program pairs community businesses with schools in their area to help supply programs, support, volunteers and more!
We are proud to be a Thurston Green Business designee!
What is the Strategic Plan?
The NTPS Strategic Plan provides a road map that guides all our work. It clearly defines the goals and outcomes for our students with specific measures which are reported to our Board of Directors. This amazing plan was created by several committees that included students, staff, community members, parents, and leadership. To learn more about our work and understand our District’s vision for our students please access the Strategic Plan documents below. Updated July 2022.
Progress Reports & Goals
District Mission Statement
Committed to Excellence: Preparing all students for rewarding careers, fulfilling lives, and compassionate global citizenship.
Over 14,700 students enrolled (PreK through 12th grade)Ethnic Diversity
- American Indian / Alaska Native: 1%
- Asian: 7.3%
- Black / African American: 4.9%
- Hispanic / Latino of any race(s): 21.5%
- Native Hawaiian / Other Pacific Islander: 2.7%
- Two or More Races: 15.9%
- White: 46.8%