Room: Early Learning Center Room 7Subject: Integrated Special Education PreschoolEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: (360) 412-4690, x29507**The best way to contact me is by email.Support Staff: Laura and Tamara
2019-20 is my 8th year with North Thurston Public Schools, and my 13th year as a preschool teacher. Preschool is a fun and messy world ready to be explored by our youngest students. No two days are the same, and the classroom is never boring!
I am very passionate about the importance of learning during the first five years of life--for ALL students. I work hard to ensure that my classroom is accessible and enjoyable for all preschoolers, no matter what.
This year, I am participating in an administrative internship with North Thurston while completing my Principal/ Administrator certification through Saint Martin’s University. This certificate has added to my knowledge of how to support learners at all levels, and lead with an equity focus.
I earned my Master of Science in Special Education from the University of North Dakota in 2017, focusing on advanced courses in supporting young children with intellectual impairments, emotional and behavioral delays, and visual impairments. In order to better understand Cortical Visual Impairment (CVI), in the summer of 2015 I completed the first portion of the CVI Mentor course presented by Dr. Christine Roman-Lantzy at the Washington State School for the Blind; the information I learned has allowed me to better support my students with CVI. I earned my bachelor's degree in Elementary and Special Education from St. Martin's University in 2012, with additional endorsements in reading and early childhood education.
The 2019-20 school year is here!
- Returning families: The classroom routines will remain similar to last year. I am looking forward to seeing your child(ren) again!
- New families: Welcome!! Preschool is a busy, active, and fun place for your child(ren), and I am looking forward to getting to know them.
- This year, North Thurston Public Schools has changed the preschool hours. The new times are:
- Morning Class: 9:20-11:50
- Afternoon Class: 1:10-3:40
- Another change is that I will be participating in an administrative internship with North Thurston while completing my Principal/ Administrator certificate through Saint Martin’s University. This certificate has added to my knowledge of how to support learners at all levels, and lead with an equity focus.
My university classes are held outside of the school day (evenings); many of the internship hours take place during the school day. There will be days or partial days that I am out of the classroom as I fulfill my internship duties. Some days I will be at Meadows, and other days I will be at other school sites. In either case, a substitute teacher will be in the classroom when I am not.
I have arranged with a retired preschool teacher, Phyllis, to cover the planned days I am interning. Phyllis is amazing with all students, and brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the classroom. Occasionally, I may have another substitute teacher, but I will try to limit this to maintain consistency for the preschoolers.
Your child’s education remains of the utmost importance to me. I have approached this year thoughtfully, and carefully planned the schedule and routine with the preschoolers in mind—and plan to keep it that way.
- The 2019-20 School Supply List is available here. It includes items requested by the district, and some additional “Wish List” items for the classroom, if you are interested. If your family needs support to acquire items, please let me know.
Class Schedule (Subject to change)
9:20/ 1:10 Arrival
9:35/ 1:25 Opening Circle Time
9:50/ 1:40 Learning Centers
10:30/ 2:40 Teacher Time (academic or language work)
10:50/ 2:40 Recess
11:10/ 3:00 Snack
11:25/ 3:15 Library
11:30/ 3:20 Closing Circle Time
11:50/ 3:40 Dismissal