Bower Learning Center (BLC) Building History:
- 1971- Facility constructed and open as the North Thurston High School library.
- 1983 - Facility salvaged after the old North Thurston High School campus was demolished
- 1984 - Facility renamed the Bower Center in honor of Frank Bower, first Principal of North Thurston High School. Building used as a community meeting space and district office space.
- 2002 - Facility remodeled and renovated; dividing the older library floor plan/meeting space into smaller classrooms/meeting rooms. The Bower Center renamed the Bower Learning Center (BLC); becoming the home in 2002 to professional development, Athletics, Learning Technologies, and Career and Technical Education.
- 2014 - Building updated to accommodate additional staff; technology upgrades in meeting and training rooms.
- 2021 - Building is remodeled into a school environment for the launch of Ignite Family Academy