Welcome to the Nisqually Counseling Office!
Extended Closure Information: Our counselors have set up “office hours” to make themselves available to families & students. They will answer phones during these times, but outside those hours, feel free to email them if you have any needs.
Find out how Nisqually's Counseling Office can help your student and explore community resources.
School Counselors & Office Hours
- Lindsey Canley: All Grades, Last Names M-Z (Mon-Fri 10am-12pm) 360-412-4774 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lisa Hanauer-Sutton: All Grades, Last Names A-L (Mon-Fri 1pm-3pm) 360-412-4775 email@example.com
Tutor.com is offering free homework help for students in military families. You can work one-to-one with a live tutor in more than 40 subjects, any time, and day. https://military.tutor.com/
- Binder: Syllabus, class notes, graded and returned work from that quarter.
- Planner: In progress homework, Topic (one/two words; essential question will be in notes), homework w/ due date.
- 6th Grade English
- Binder: divider labeled and used for ELA. In this divider keep: homework, graded classwork, vocabulary.
- 6th Grade Social Studies
- Binder: divider labeled and used for Social Studies. In this divider keep: syllabus and handouts in the front, graded assignments in the back.
- Clean out prior, graded assignments at the end of the semester.
- 7/8 English
- Binder: 1 tabbed divider labeled ELA, notebook or comp book in a clear sleeve, Do Now Sheets, Handouts, notes, and other paper materials used for class, loose-leaf paper.
- 7/8 Social Studies
- Binder: A section for SS work/assignments/handouts.
- Planner: Topic of the day and assignment/daily task/homework.
- Binder: Two pocket folder, syllabus, handouts, study guides for exams, highlight reel (collection of the student's best work).
- The majority of the work will be stored at school in the Interactive Science Notebook (ISN).
Canvas Parent Access
- If you wish to access Canvas to check classroom assignments or what students are working on for the week, read these instructions for setting up your Parent account.
- Once you have set up your account, Canvas log in is located at https://nthurston.instructure.com/