Welcome to the Nisqually Counseling Office!
Find out how Nisqually's Counseling Office can help your student and explore community resources.
- Lindsey Canley: All Grades, Last Names M-Z 360-412-4774 email@example.com
- Lisa Hanauer-Sutton: All Grades, Last Names A-L 360-412-4775 firstname.lastname@example.org
Military & Family Life Counselor
- Melissa White, M.A., LMHC: email@example.com
Mental Health Specialist
- Jackie Foster: firstname.lastname@example.org
Canvas Parent Access
- If you wish to access Canvas to check classroom assignments or what students are working on for the week, read these instructions for setting up your Parent account.
- Once you have set up your account, Canvas log in is located at https://nthurston.instructure.com/
What We Do in the Nisqually Counseling Office
Mission: The North Thurston Public Schools Counseling and Guidance Program seeks to provide students with the academic and life skills necessary for them to become lifelong learners and contributing members of their community.
Students see their counselors for a range of reasons, some of which are listed below. Often students will refer themselves or a teacher or another adult will refer a student. Parents, feel free to give your student's counselor a call or email for an appointment.
- Transition to middle or high school
- Homework skills
- School responsibility
- Time management
- Academic placement
- Grief & loss
- Friend or family conflicts
- Family transitions
- Drug/Alcohol abuse
- Classroom behavior
- Gang involvement
- Body image, self-esteem, self-worth
- Cultural identity
- Bullying & harassment
- Goal setting
College & Career
- College Bound Scholarship
- Career & college exploration
- Community service
- Mental health services
- Drug and alcohol help
- Basic needs (food, clothing, health)