Welcome to Aspire Middle School for the Performing Arts!
Welcome to Aspire Middle School! We are performing arts magnet school that opened in 2009. We accept applicants based upon a lottery system. Learn more about our application process. We were also a recipient of the 2016 Washington Achievement Award, honored for overall excellence and high progress!Learn more about our history, our goals, and how we help our Firebirds reach their full potential!
Unique things we do at Aspire
Performing Arts Program
- Band – Concert Band, Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble, Jazz Band
- Orchestra – 6th Orchestra, Symphonic Strings, Chamber Orchestra
- Choir – Concert Choir, Fire Choir, Glee Choir, Belle Voce
- Theater/Drama, Musical Theater
- Literary Arts, Theater Arts
- Musical Theory, Robotics, Yoga, History of Rock n Roll, Leadership
- Oceanography, Environmental Science
- Geometric Art
Highly Capable Program
- Qualified students are grouped together to engage in a curriculum (math, science, language arts, social studies) that is differentiated by faster pace, greater depth and complexity, and an earlier introduction of knowledge and skills. More information about our District Highly Capable Program.
Academic Gap Goal:
- The percentage of special education students meeting proficiency on the math state assessment will increase by 20% (44% to 54%) in spring of 2020.
Behavior Gap Goal:
- The percentage of chronic non-attenders will decrease from 9% to 5%. The gap between low income and non-low income will decrease from 16% to 10% by the end of the 2019-20 school year.
To become a volunteer, fill out an application online!
- Middle school is a time of increased independence and responsibility on the part of the students, but the supportive role of parents is just as important as it has always been. We encourage and promote parental involvement in our school.
- A strong and active partnership with the school through community businesses, organizations and groups is needed and vital.
- Our school recognizes and supports families and community members as participants in school programs by encouraging their roles in supporting learning and honoring them as essential volunteers.
- Our strong parent and community relationships help to support the intellectual, ethical, and social growth of our students.
- All parents, family members, citizens of the community are welcome to take an active role in our student performances and academic work.
- Partners in Education (P.I.E.) Program with Mint Landscapes.
Mission: Our mission is to create an educational experience where rigorous academic standards, coupled with high quality performing arts instruction, challenges all students to reach their full potential as innovative problem-solvers, skillful artisans, and imaginative learners.
Aspire's Building History
Aspire Middle School's building was originally built in 1989 on 9.8 acres located at 5900 54th Avenue SE in Lacey. Significant upgrades, including roof and envelope in 2007 and interior finishes in 2009, were completed on the building that was used to house both Horizons Intermediate and South Sound High School. Aspire occupied the space and opened its doors in September 2009. Interior and major HVAC upgrades were completed in 2010. In 2011, energy-efficient lighting upgrades were completed utilizing state energy grant funds. The 29,842 square foot building, containing 13 instructional spaces, plus 7 portable classrooms serve sixth through eighth grade.