6th Grade Health and 7/8th Grade HealthEmail is the best way to contact me during the school day. If a phone call better suits the situation, my planning period (5th) is the best time.Teacher of House Thor of East Pride
I have 1st lunch
- Period 1- 6th Grade Health
- Period 2- 7th Grade Health
- Period 3- 6th Grade Health
- Period 4- 6th Grade Health
- Period 5- Planning
- Period 6- 6th Grade Health
I obtained my BA in Education, as well as my M.Ed, from St. Martin's University. I have taught in North Thurston Public Schools since 2001. I am the House Thor advisor of Pride East.For 6th Grade Health Syllabus:
- Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays will be in the classroom focusing on Health and Wellness.
- Wednesdays and Fridays will be devoted to Physical Education in the Small Gym. Students in my class need to come to school in athletic friendly attire (clothes and shoes appropriate for physical activity such as jogging).
For 7th Grade Health Syllabus:
- 7th grade Health meets everyday in Portable 9 learning about various aspects of Health and Wellness. 7th graders have access to separate PE class at a different class period or semester which taught by Mr. McBride or Ms. Fluke.
Our Units of Study
We cover 5 units during the semester:
- Health and Wellness
- Substance use and Abuse
- Family Life and Sexual Health