Absence Reporting Through Family Access
Login to Family Access using your secure credentials. Contact your school's office if you do not know your username and/or password.
- Select the student who is absent.
- Click on the Attendance tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the Enter Absence Request hyperlink on the right side of the screen.
- Click on the Add Request hyperlink.
- On the Add Request screen, select the absence Start Date, End Date, Start Time, End Time and Reason. Entering comments is optional. Click the Save button.
- If your email address is in our records, you will receive an email confirming the absence.
Woodland's Attendance Policy
It is important that students establish a pattern of being at school on time from kindergarten onward. Instruction begins at the start of the day, and students who arrive late miss the essential instructions and a positive start to the day. If a student is consistently tardy and/or absent, it does impact learning. Students with good attendance do better academically.Attendance form letters are sent out from the office after nine absences. If a student reaches 12 absences, it is District policy to have parents meet with the school counselor to try to resolve the attendance issue before the student reaches 20 absences. At 20, the school may file BECCA, unless there is medical documentation to justify the excessive absences.Please try to plan vacations during school holidays so students are not missing school. Remember to submit a letter to the principal for pre-approval if you plan to take your child on a trip during the school year.
NTPS Attendance Information
What is good attendance?
Why is good attendance important?
What happens if a student misses too much school?
What can the district do?
What can families do?
Need more information about attendance?