Welcome to Woodland Elementary!
Woodland Elementary, the home of the Wildcats, opened its doors in 1982 and take our name from the Wood family, who originally settled the area. We are an award-winning school that focuses on responsibility and respect. We are proud of our students, our community, and our school!Learn more about us!
What makes Woodland unique?
- School of Distinction honor
- Our military support groups provide connections for students with active military family members.
- Our Student Leadership Program creates an opportunity for students to tutor, support and engage in the community of students around them.
- The Woodland Self Manager program encourages students to “be respectful, be responsible, be safe & BE YOUR BEST!” Teachers meet monthly with students around goals and can nominate students for the program when they display these attributes. Hundreds of students are recognized each year in the program, which includes a special lanyard and tag.
- Our before-school choir performs at our school and for different organizations around our community.
- PTA – great support – supports our monthly assemblies, regular self-manager celebrations, end-of-the-year barbecue, field day and much more!
- Partners in Education (P.I.E.) with Country Financial & Chinqually Booters.
Academic Gap Goal:
- From September 2019 to June 2020, 60% of students in poverty who scored below the 25th percentile on the Fall benchmark comprehension will improve their score from high risk, to some risk or better.
Behavior Gap Goal:
- From September 2019 to June 2020, the number of students in special education, receiving Office Discipline Referrals (ODRs) will decrease by 20%.
- Woodland Elementary enjoys a supportive community. Parents and community members volunteer 800+ hours each month to a variety of projects that support learning throughout the school.
- Woodland’s PTA is extremely active, supporting many family events and learning activities in classrooms each year.
- A volunteer coordinator manages more than 150 volunteers who support our instructional programs. To volunteer, call our office at (360) 412-4680 or fill out an application online.
Mission: “Be Respectful, Be Responsible, Be Safe & Be YOUR BEST!”
Each day at Woodland Elementary is focused on providing the best possible learning for all who enter our school. We devote our efforts, talents and resources to meeting high academic and social standards for every student.
Woodland Elementary takes its name from the area originally settled by the Wood family. It was originally constructed in 1981 on 16.6 acres located at 4630 Carpenter Road SE in Lacey. In 2007-2008 early site work was completed to prepare for an extensive upgrade of the campus, including new fire loop, sewer-pumping system, and the addition of an 8-classroom modular building. In 2008-2009, a major modernization and additions to the building and site were completed, utilizing 2006 bond and state assistance funds. The design focused on creating an inviting and secure main entry, increasing natural light throughout the facility, providing better circulation for students and staff, addressing special needs students, and improving the educational environment for students, teachers, and volunteers. Exterior materials, interior finishes and all mechanical, electrical and technology were replaced or upgraded. In 2011, energy efficient lighting upgrades were completed utilizing state energy grant funds. The 46,829 square foot building, including 31 instructional spaces, plus an 8-classroom modular building serve kindergarten through fifth grade.