Welcome to Seven Oaks Elementary!
Welcome to Seven Oaks Elementary! We opened our doors in 1990. Our bulldogs are successful citizens and we work hard to provide a positive learning environment with a partnership of communities, family, and staff.
Unique Partnerships & Programs
WATCH D.O.G.S.: This successful program aims to increase male involvement in our schools, including tutoring, helping in the classroom and on the playground. This year more than 200 guests attended our kickoff event. Including our WatchDOG Dads, Seven Oaks celebrated nearly 20,000 volunteer hours over the last two years. This year, our active PTA Board is seeking to expand parent involvement with our school. We welcome volunteers and believe that family engagement is critical at Seven Oaks.
Other programs we offer:
- FRRED Principles (Fairness, Responsibility, Respect, Empathy, Dignity)
- FRRED Tickets, Excellence Referrals & Fantastic-gram postcards
- Student recognition assemblies
- Looping model for grades 1-2
- Social Skills recess time
- PAWS for applause staff recognition
- 6 Pre-K classes
- Track team
- Variety Show
- Student Leadership
- Self-Manager Program
- Partners in Education (P.I.E.) with Windermere & Century Communities
Academic Gap Goal:
- Reduce the opportunity gap that exists on the easyCBM Foundational Skills Assessment (Letter Names, Letter Sounds, and Phoneme Segmenting) from a 7% gap in the Fall of 2019 to a gap of less than 5% in the Spring of 2020 while increasing the overall percentage of K-1 students scoring above the 50th percentile from 34% to at least 50%.
Behavior Gap Goal:
- Reduce the opportunity gap that exists within the SWIS Race Referral Index from a 19% gap to a gap of less than 10% from June of 2019 to June of 2020.
Seven Oaks is an engaging, welcoming school that embraces its parent volunteers. Whether it be classroom support, school-wide initiatives or support for family and PTA events, our volunteers are always welcomed and appreciated. To volunteer, call our school at (360) 412-4700 or fill out an application online.
Mission: The mission of Seven Oaks Elementary is to form a partnership of students, parents, community, and staff to create a caring atmosphere in which each person is entitled to courtesy, respect, and dignity. The staff accepts the responsibility that all children will be challenged to learn and will become successful citizens.
Seven Oaks Building History
Seven Oaks Elementary was built in 1990 on 13.1 acres. It is located at 1800 Seven Oaks Drive SE. In 2007, the boiler was replaced and controls were partially upgraded. HVAC upgrades were made in 2012. The 54,866 square foot building, including 35 instructional spaces and 8 portable classrooms serves preschool through fifth grade. This school is currently eligible for a state-assisted modernization/addition.