Reporting Absences at Pleasant Glade
To report a child's absence:
Contact us! 360-412-4620 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If after hours, leave a message or send an email - both are checked daily. You may also report the absence using Family Access (detailed instructions below).
Attendance is taken daily, so please contact the front office or your child's teacher EACH DAY YOUR CHILD WILL BE HOME.
Stay Home When Sick
Please keep your child at home if they have one Class A Symptom or 2 Class B Symptoms.
Class A Symptoms
- Fever (subjective or greater than or equal to 100.4 degrees F)
- Loss of sense of taste and/or smell
- Shortness of breath
Class B Symptoms
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Diarrhea (at least 2 loose stools in 24 hours)
Absence Reporting Through Family Access
Login to Family Access using your secure credentials. Contact your school's office if you do not know your username and/or password.
- Select the student who is absent.
- Click on the Attendance tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the Enter Absence Request hyperlink on the right side of the screen.
- Click on the Add Request hyperlink.
- On the Add Request screen, select the absence Start Date, End Date, Start Time, End Time and Reason. Entering comments is optional. Click the Save button.
- If your email address is in our records, you will receive an email confirming the absence.
How Attendance Works
We take daily attendance
After 5 unexcused absences in a month or 10 in a year
After 7 unexcused absences in a month, or 15 for the whole year
Our promise to you
NTPS Attendance Information
What is good attendance?
Why is good attendance important?
What happens if a student misses too much school?
What can the district do?
What can families do?
Need more information about attendance?